i need ideas (story and questions) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 03:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i need ideas (story and questions)

it looks i might possibly end up taking over payments on my dads 04 6.0 and selling my 94 idi the problem is its going to be hard to make the 350ish payments on it and keep it maintained but i have been driving it lately and figured that it is alot better for me than my idi and im wondering if any of yall deep south tx people know of any jobs down here that pay pretty good. right now i work for a company that contracts for a transmongtainge product services ( petroleum storage/pipeline) so i know a few things about pipelines and what not but at 7 dollars an hour and no o.t. allowed right now as per the bossman and a 45 mile drive one way even with no other bills i dotn know that i can afford that.

i kinda feel obligated to do this deal though because i have run the truck off the road once and caused some body damage to it (front bumper,brush guard,corner light and mirror cover on the passenger side) and couldnt pay for the parts but i did all the work on it and then yesterday i went out to eat with the girlfriend and later in the day i noticed a big dent in the back boor along with paint scuffs and i dont know where it came from, i dont think i hit anything with it but it doesnt look like a hit from somebody else it looks like i hit a pipe somewhere

wow this has turned into an essay lol but i guess what im asking is, if im going to take over the payments on the truck does anybody have any ideas on how to make extra money to put towards it or know of a decent paying job down in the valley?

also im going to talk to my boss today about getting my fuel and insurance paid by the company and using the truck around work because honestly i think it would a better truck for me around work than my f-450 work truck is

sorry about the essay but im just stressed about this whole thing and i wanna make it right with my dad because im costing him money on this truck since he is pretty anal about his truck not having any damage on it (i think to a point that is what a truck is for)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2009, 05:15 AM
I wanna go fast!!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I dont know of any jobs around here that pay good, I work with my dad in our farm thats how i can afford my truck. Good luck.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:48 AM

Find a beater car and deliver pizza in the evenings... You can make good money doing that suprisingly. I listen to a financial guru daily and when I story your story, I automatically thought of Dave Ramsey...

You will hear all kinds of horror stories from his show in this same situation, son takes over payments then something happens where the son can't make the payments and then the father/son relationship becomes destroyed over a repo'd truck.

I would buy it from him out right. If you can't pay cash AT LEAST get your own loan for the truck where you are responsible if you can't make the payments. Dave would say you can't afford it so don't buy it, but I have a truck loan (again) and can't be a hipocrit!

Best of luck brutha!
Old 01-24-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxOutlaw View Post
Find a beater car and deliver pizza in the evenings... You can make good money doing that suprisingly. I listen to a financial guru daily and when I story your story, I automatically thought of Dave Ramsey...

You will hear all kinds of horror stories from his show in this same situation, son takes over payments then something happens where the son can't make the payments and then the father/son relationship becomes destroyed over a repo'd truck.

I would buy it from him out right. If you can't pay cash AT LEAST get your own loan for the truck where you are responsible if you can't make the payments. Dave would say you can't afford it so don't buy it, but I have a truck loan (again) and can't be a hipocrit!

Best of luck brutha!
My wife and I have been doing the Dave Ramsey stuff for 2 1/2 years now. We will have our mortgage paid off within the next 3 years. Other than the mortgage, WE HAVE NO DEBT!!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 06:44 AM

Nice! Well I am in my 20s doing this so at least I am starting young!! LoL... We have a way to go yet, but we have also came a long way... Paying down the final credit card, have one car paid for... Mortgage is 1/4 of our income, insurances in place... Just can't get outta the diesel... I tried... Bought a cash truck (Chevy 2500hd) and hated it... So We back tracked into another F250... lol Ya win some ya lose some... We have a fairly big shovel so we will be debt free by Xmas easy...
Old 01-24-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpwrstroke7 View Post
My wife and I have been doing the Dave Ramsey stuff for 2 1/2 years now. We will have our mortgage paid off within the next 3 years. Other than the mortgage, WE HAVE NO DEBT!!!!
I have no idea who Dave Ramsey is But other than 2 morgages i have no debt.

I would try to buy out right from youre dad but to do so you will need a better job. I would not look for a driving job.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:14 AM

I am a road warrior and love it... I am not delivering pizza's but I do home health physical therapy out here in the boonies south of town and make good money. I make my own sched, work as much or little as I want... Wouldn't have it any other way... Of course I drive a little jeep beater with 110K miles on it to destroy...
Old 01-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddkarmaracing View Post
does anybody have any ideas on how to make extra money to put towards it or know of a decent paying job down in the valley?
I have a buddy who uses his to haul cattle to and from actions and transports live stock to border states on the side to supplement his income. Just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxOutlaw View Post

I would buy it from him out right. If you can't pay cash AT LEAST get your own loan for the truck where you are responsible if you can't make the payments. Dave would say you can't afford it so don't buy it, but I have a truck loan (again) and can't be a hipocrit! Best of luck brutha!
ROCK SOLID ADVICE ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpwrstroke7 View Post
Congrats! This is great to hear.
Craig
Old 01-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I want to be dept free, tell me how. Where do you listen to this Dave Ramsey? Is it just a Texas thing? Sorry for the hyjack. Back to topic.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
I want to be dept free, tell me how. Where do you listen to this Dave Ramsey? Is it just a Texas thing? Sorry for the hyjack. Back to topic.
Real Debt Help - Get out of debt with Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover Plan.

Here ya' go.
Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.