The DFW is crippled! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The DFW is crippled!

It is 25 degrees here and we have had a little freezing drizzle. It has caused tons of accidents and gridlock in the afternoon drive. The bridges feeze over and the DFW comes to a grinding halt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
what do you expect? southerners don't know what to expect when ice shows up.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I don't know about you JJ but it was pretty cold out there today with that wind blowing.

The drizzle did not affect me, though.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Emergency Services

it is 15 degrees here now, thank god no moisture. People on this side of the river are chaotic too.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw View Post
I don't know about you JJ but it was pretty cold out there today with that wind blowing.

The drizzle did not affect me, though.
LOL yea it was cold today. Luckily I had a new customer call this morning with a Toyota forklift with a leak around the steer cylinder. Rebuilt the steer cylinder and checked over the forklift which was inside in a heated shop at 70 degrees. Looks like a good machine that he has had for 5 years and has had no other problems with. When I asked them about their maintenance scheduling they said they have not touched it in 5 years not even changed the oil!. This is when he asked me to do all the maintenance on it and put him on a regular schedule. He told me just to show up and service it periodicly because I will forget and never call you. When I told him that it was a 130 mile round trip from my office to his place in Denton and that it would be a $130 milege fee just to have his forklift serviced plus parts and $65 per hour he said he did not care, I seemed to be a trustworthy mech. and he trusts me to be fair with him. Said I saved him a ton of money coming to fix the leak there and not having to transport it to the dealer. Its amazing when you treat people fair and conduct your business with integrity it comes back around! JJ
Old 12-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It does feel real good.

I had a leak to repair under a house today and could not get over to the leak. I told my client and he said he could crawl over and fix it himself, I offered to sell the parts to him and he agreed. I left, and he called needing some advice, I returned and coached him through the repair, I even made a trip to the supply house for him. He offered to pay me for my time and ended up paying me more than what I would have charged had I repaired it myself. How's that for a satisfied client?

Oh, and mine was not in a heated shop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.