Texas Inspection? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 08:42 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Texas Inspection?

Ok. So i am about to buy a 7.3. Has never been registered in Texas. I was wondering if we needed a cat and muffler on the vehicle to pass. Also is there anything else i need to know with a diesel in Texas. I have owned 3 in Florida and never had to worry about a thing. Any input is good input. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

As long as you can pass a safety inspection, you are good. Lights, wipers, blinkers, e-brake, ect. No emissions testing on diesels here. Remember to get an out of state inspection sheet from the inspector, you will need it to get it registered at the dmv. You need proof of insurance of course. Where are you moving to?
Old 02-24-2014, 05:00 PM

texas requires a muffler. and they wont pass you if you have any type of smoked light even if "50 state dot legal"
That was my experience anyway, it was a joke and some punk *** little prick drove my truck like he stole it.

rant over haha
Old 02-24-2014, 08:36 PM

I currently in the Army at Ft Hood. Live up in the belton area. Have been there for 2 years. This will be my first diesel that i have owned in Texas. Was just curious how that all went here. Florida you didnt have to worry about a thing.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:57 AM

No muffler required in Texas. Check the DOT website, the turbo is considered a "muffler". It also depends on your county but according to the state you do not need a muffler.

Inspection places are run by people and people make mistakes. Some are stricter than others and don't bother reading the laws and would rather enforce their own rules just to cover their own butts. I had an inspection guy telling me my pipes were too big, I told him there is now law on it and he just shrugged and said ok. If one place says something and won't pass you then go somewhere else. The inspectors they send out to these places are up their butts hard so some are more worried about stuff than others.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:59 AM

ok that sounds good to me. i would love to make the truck straight piped 4" all the way.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:34 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i just got mine inspected here in temple, the only thing i had to change was put stock tail lights in. because i normally had smoked lights. my 7.3 is straight piped and no questions asked there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.