Whats Up Houston - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whats Up Houston

New to the forum, just seeing what going on in Houston. Im the old guy that is more in to camping and expedition stuff but will still get muddy at times. Truck is a 00 F350, sadly not a PS but a swap is in the future. So what the truck scene like out here? Did some rock climbing out in Nevada when I was there but mostly cause the Jeep guys said I couldn't get up the mountain..LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome, there's us Houston guys lurking around. There's a ton of little truck clubs around. I'm more of a classic hot rodder so I enjoy the older crowd rather than these kids smoking out the local show. I got a 2wd used for towing so no mudding for me.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I do the older crowd as well. I got 4wd while in Nevada mostly due to the snow and that I wanted to get out in the mountains where 2wd wouldn't go. I built my hot rod years ago now it just comes out of the garage when us old guys get together for lunch.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:54 PM

East side of Houston here out 90 between Crosby and Dayton. Seems the Houston ford guys are pretty quiet compared to my old Corvette group. Maybe I'm just missing the action?? Anyways I'm a young guy(25) with an old mind it seems, I'd rather be out in the woods alone than making small talk/watching t.v./"rolling coal" haha. Haven't found any local org guys out here yet, but it's only been a couple months.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:01 PM

I see a lot of OBS guys around my area but they're all older people or a fool of themselves. I'm down to meet up sometime, I'm located in Seabrook.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:07 PM

I see a lot of OBS guys around my area but they're all older people or a fool of themselves. I'm down to meet up sometime, I'm located in Seabrook.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:10 PM

Small world. I was in the corps from '07-'12 as a 6072. VMM-166(previously HMM) MALS-16 3RD MAW out of San Diego.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo5Sierra View Post
.. Seems the Houston ford guys are pretty quiet compared to my old Corvette group. Maybe I'm just missing the action??
That's because we are all stuck in traffic!

Grew up in Spring Branch, live in Katy now. I see a fair few OBS trucks around here. I don't drive Old Black as often as I used to now that I have a 6.7, but I still enjoy taking her for spin a couple days a week.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:34 AM

SE Houston here (Ellington field). I'm part of the Texas Coal Rollers. It's a "club", but we don't do "colors", or dues, or anything like that. We just like to hang out and do truck stuff once a month. This weekend we will be going to Down South Offroad in Crosby, bringing our four wheelers, side-by-sides, beer, muddy trucks, etc. should be a blast.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:02 AM

Might have seen you guys before. I work in the dixie farm business park and live just down the road. Have to meet up sometime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.