Bad Experience W/ TX Empire Diesel, Cedar Park - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down Bad Experience W/ TX Empire Diesel, Cedar Park

This place is a total rip off!! Bad customer service it the least of the problems. I was going on a trip and wanted to have some work done to my suv. I needed a lot of front end parts to be replaced on my 2000 excursion. The steering was really loose and wandered all over the road. I had about 2 weeks to do it before the trip and I let them know before hand. First they requested the money for the parts before hand (1st red flag) so the would have all the parts there when I got there (and they didn't). When I called the day I was scheduled to drop it off, the lady would not answer the phone. I called multiple times, left a message, called again she answered and said that she would call me right back, yeah 3 hours later. I just wanted to go drop off my truck, that's it. Well it took them 9 days to complete the work but 1 major part I wanted replaced, the steering box, was not done. This is why I left the money so all the parts would be there. They said that the parts co. sent the wrong part. Yeah put the blame on someone else. The lady said that the would give me a deal on the labor since they did not get to it that time. Well, later I went back after my trip to get the steering box done. This is NO MORE than a 4 hour job according to many diesel shops, the ford dealership, and 2 estimating software's. Well when I go to pick up my excursion, she said that the labor was 8 HOURS. but for the deal we are deducting 4 hours, so I had to pay for 4 hours of labor. WHAT KIND OF DEAL IS THAT? I question them and they get all defensive. I asked them what estimating software the use, because I called several shops before I went to pick it up, all the shops said that there is NO WAY that it should take 8 hours. THEY USE A STOP WATCH for the estimation of labor times!! So I get screwed for the 4 hours of labor and top that off they overcharge me for power steering fluid. They used 2 qts and charged me for 6 qts. They said they would refund me the money for the overcharge and send me a check, but it has been months and still nothing. That's pretty much what I figured, they need it more than I do. These are the kind of people that give REAL shops a bad name. Horrible customer service, no estimating guides or software, they charge what the feel like, not an actual shop, just in the back yard of the house. I ended up spending more than $3000 and my truck still leaks oil, they said they fixed that too, still drives like when I first took it there. So I still have to spend more $$$ to correct the problems they should have fixed. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHOP, SAVE YOUR MONEY, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 08:37 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
These guys are sponsors on psn and this isnt the first time ive heard a negative review about them lately. Sry about that. Leave your review on yelp also

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-14-2012, 09:20 AM

I did leave the review on yelp also.. I am talking about the shop in cedar park tx though, I think the sponsor on PSN is a different company in another state. They just happen to have the same name and I did advise them of the practices of the cedar park shop.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Yeah, don't get this confused with the original Empire Diesel. They actually noted that this shop wasn't good news a few months back. The one in Texas apparently was trying to portray themselves as the same big name Empire Diesel that's in Iowa.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:45 AM

BUMP, For all to see!!!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:59 AM

Bump, Keeping TX informed! They still owe me money and my EX still has play in the steering. This is what I paid them for.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:54 PM

New Year Bump, this still pisses me off!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.