I'm Moving to Texas - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm Moving to Texas

So after growing up in Indiana for the past 23 years I have decided to move to Texas. I landed a GREAT job in Ft. Worth and my soon to be wife and I are moving the last of this month. So I have a few questions.
-How strict are the vehical inspections? Would a straight pipe (no muff no cat) on a 6.0 pass?
- To those who live in Ft. Worth, I will be working around the Keller area. Are there any area where one wouldnt want to live.
-Whats fun do to in DFW in the summer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you will be fine with a straight pipe 6.0 for the most part.. there may be one or two who do a visual inspection if u are super loud. (whistle) looking to see if u have a muffler..happened to me once.. so went home put it on after inspection pulled back off. there is no emissions testing on diesels.. they check for codes though (i.e. egr/emissions related)

DFW has a six flags.. and water parks. texas rangers baseball lakes galore so plenty to do
it will be HOT though.. especially from what you are prob used to in summers.. and it gets humid throughout most of texas in the summer

welcome to Texas
Old 05-08-2012, 10:21 PM

Howdy and welcome, I dont know much about the DFW area but if you get a chance head down to San Antonio and visit the Alamo and the Boardwalk, take a ride on the river boat tour, theres lots to learn about Texas history. I live close to the Gulf Coast so we go to the "beach" for fun. You could also check out New Braunfels, TX for some good summer time fun, dont forget the SPF 50. Enjoy.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm from the Keller area, real nice place, I think it was 7th in the nation or something like that, it's very busy now and there's lots of money there and southlake. As far as where not to live, that all depends on your price range, and up bringing. What are you looking for? Haltom city is kinda run down, grapevine is nice
Old 05-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I live in Dallas...Keller south lake area are very nice. There is plenty of lakes to hit, alot of resturaunts! Go check out Billy Bobs in ft worth, biggest country honky tonk in the us I believe- pretty good times there.

But get ready for the heat. Last summer we were one day away from a 100+ days of 100 degrees plus!! Oh, and we water out foundations here in tx- no joke.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Texas

Welcome to Texas, get ready it is a HUGE state with tons to do. Timing is everything, middle of the summer is difficult unless you're under the shade. The falls and springs are super, go west in the spring (no later than 1 May) to Davis Mtns, tons of stuff to see, neat backroads. Wind down to Big Bend and circle up to Bandera, Fredericksburg, the list goes on and on. Catch the festivals, rallys, etc.
Pay attention, work hard, use your brain and you'll be welcome.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Welcome. You'll enjoy the DFW area. Keller is a nice area as stated above.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:40 AM

my fondest memories about summers growing up in DFW was getting the hell out of there and vacationing in Colorado! :p
Old 05-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Welcome to TX!!! You will love it, Greatest State on Earth!!!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:21 AM

We are both looking forward to the move. We will be heading down next week. If you see a blue super duty and a G6 on the back of a kenworth it me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.