AUSTIN AREA - 1RST DIESEL REPAIR - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
AUSTIN AREA - 1RST DIESEL REPAIR

Took my Ex in to 1rst diesel repair shop on the north end of town. (45 between 35 and mopac)

Bob and Steve were the guys in there. Bob seemed to be the business sense, Steve is the diesel magician.

Anyhow, fuel pump is bad, they did right by me on pricing, service, and turnaround time.

Sending unit was bad, and they DID NOT scalp me on it. they found a lower section of it for 40 bucks instead of running to ford for a 500 dollar part and another hour or 2 of labor. I didn't need it, it wasn't broken, they didn't want to replace it. I can't say the same for other diesel mech's that i've used.

-*-* Good shop, grand opening is wednesday 2/1/2012. Nice american small business style. Probably not the absolute lowest price i could have gotten in the state (To the tune of "my uncle's neighbors stepson's diesel shop has a fella who'll do the work for 1/2 price if he can use your garage your tools and drink your beer"), but the service was absolutely outstanding. i highly recommend anyone in the area to give them a try the next time something comes up on your truck and see if they're good enough to replace your old mechanic. they were certainly worth mine.

get a hold of Bob or Steve when you do.
1st Diesel Repair Shop Austin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 03:04 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good deal.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:18 PM

Really happy with it. They are staying late tonight to get me wrapped up and mobile again. Even offered me a beer at the shop! Good ol' boys.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:59 PM

Even people in Austin are still Texans...
Old 01-31-2012, 11:08 AM

Got it back today. 24 hours from bringing it in.

I can't really describe the obvious care these guys take. Instead of letting me take it out last night when things were done, they put clear fuel lines from the pickup in the tank to the pump, and from the pump to the barrel of fuel.

We see there are still bubbles in the line, but the tank was full. Debris was causing some cavitation. Steve immediately knew what was happening just had to track down where. Found out there was still a piece of plastic lodged in the upper section of that sending unit. They threw a few more hours or raising and lowering the tank and sure enough, they got it straight. Truck runs GREAT. I've been looking to sell it for sometime and now i'm proud to put a for sale sign on it knowing everything got fixed properly.

They offered to and did replace my headlamps ( i had rock chip holes in them). When they did this... they took the time to pull off all of my battery terminal leads and clean the terminals and the clamps and pop those back on. They filled up my coolant that was maybe a 1/4 quart low checked my oil and transmission fluid and sent me on my way.

Cannot describe how easy they were to work with. I was probably the hardest part of dealing with my truck (I turn into quite a grump when things don't work right)

----------------- (Monday @ 1AM)
This is my daily/work truck. I'm in outside sales so i need a FAST turnaround time on this.

03 Excursion 7.3l 220k mi. Floor of the vehicle is waist high. It's pretty damn tall for an Ex

Having serious surging, sputtering, stalling issues. lack of power, jumps like the 80's. no apparent cause as to why it starts, seemingly just random.

Been getting continuously worse over the last week or 2. Tonight (trip from College Station) took 7 hours.

Fuel pump has been replaced 2x in the last year. This current one (3rd one in 12 months) is humming, screaming, shaking, rattling, and making all sorts of bad noises. This fuel pump is dying too. On it's last leg I'd say. I change my fuel filters w/ every oil change.

I need ...

1) stock fuel pump replaced. nothing fancy. NAPA parts
2) tank dropped
3) possible replacement on the fuel sending unit. probably just needs the intake/return line filter/screens scrubbed up.
4) tank back on

in 1 day. No price gauging. I know round about what this should cost (with or without replacing the sending unit) and as long as you're pretty close to that I'll bring you cash check or c/c. Company miles, my car, company repair bill. a fellow from powerstroke.org suggested I try you out. I don't personally know him, never met him. but he said you treated him right on his '03 250.

unfortunately the tank is damn near full. I think the fuel is full of trash anyhow so I'm not too worried about it as I hope it doesn't stay in the tank.

I'm guessing either the coating on the inside of the tank has started flaking off and filled those screens. Could be that i filled up at a few crappy stations and have rust in the tank. Either way i think the tank itself is full of trash and need this whole thing resolved by Tuesday.

Interested? call me/text me/email me. I have a AM sales call to crawl too in Round Rock, after that I'd love to pull the truck in. It would be within both of our best interest for you to line up where you could get a fuel pump (for sure) and a sending unit (might possibly need a new one) around noon tomorrow (Mon 1/31).

Thanks - Gene

Sorry to sound stern. 7 hours at 25-40mph while stalling every 30 minutes will drive anyone crazy.
----------------------------------

Yeah, i was grumpy

That's how communication started and it ended up wonderfully.
A+++ Happy customer. They're a start up, hardly had the doors open but 3 or 4 weeks.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:24 AM

Do you have a # and address, I couldn't find it online. Thanks
Old 02-20-2012, 11:15 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to drstephennix
Very good to hear. Glad it worked out for you and if I'm in Austin in need, I'll call these guys
Old 02-22-2012, 07:31 PM
haters gonna hate 24/7.

There is another great diesel repair shop I go to in cedar park.

I'll drive my truck from Houston to let them work on it.

Sent from somewhere in Texas.....
Old 02-23-2012, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueovalman14 View Post
There is another great diesel repair shop I go to in cedar park.

I'll drive my truck from Houston to let them work on it.

Can I get the name of the shop, I'm in Leander so that's right up the road and a lot closer than the guy I use.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:48 PM
haters gonna hate 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrgd2000 View Post
Can I get the name of the shop, I'm in Leander so that's right up the road and a lot closer than the guy I use.
The shop's name is: Texas Empire Diesel. His name is Jeremy & his number is: 512-587-2176.

They do awesome work!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.