Michigan to Texas - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Michigan to Texas

Well i figured this would be a good start to talk to some of you guys about Texas, My name is Eric and I currently live in Michigan and I sold my landscape company this summer, The wife and I took some time off these last few months and decided that we wanted to move down to Texas, I'm going to be heading down there by the middle of the month to start looking for a job and well wanted to start in a good direction and any advice would be great, Ive sent out about 50 resumes so far in the last 2 weeks in the following city's, " Fort worth, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston and Austin"

I'm currently looking in the following fields - Landscape, oil and gas, drilling or mining, wind or solar, ranch and cattle any kind of advice or leads would be greatly appreciated, I can also directly email anyone my resume and cover letter to be passed on to anyone that might be interested or know of someone

Thanks and Greatly Appreciated in Advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 07:45 PM

You'll LOVE it here.
You've got plenty of natural gas drilling here.
In Gainsville there is a big wind power manufacturing plant where they make the turbine blades. Out west near Abilene there's not much except wind turbines
Lubbock, Amarillo is farming. And pretty much anywhere there are people trying to farm/ranch but it's not good right now cause of the drought.
Timber is out here in East Texas.
I'm from NW of Ft Worth and there's a lot of stuff out around DFW.
From that area they have a lot of rock quarries cause of all the limestone for rock/sand/etc. for constrution in DFW.

What kind of work have you done before?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:08 PM

hey thanks for the info, to answer your question i have done landscaping, I owned a company for 5 years so anything with heavy equipment design and build to management and financials, but i am definitely open to learn something new.... We just want to be somewhere its warm year round in the country
Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 PM

Well it's kinda warm year round. Every now and then it's cold, but probably not your kinda cold
Old 01-06-2012, 02:22 AM

Ya more or less no snow and some open country for some relaxin, I wanted to go to Colorado or montana but the wife wanted Florida so we computerized on Texas a little bit of everything all in one
Old 01-06-2012, 03:18 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Landscaping is huge around here. The economy is doing much better than most of the rest of the country.

Personally, I like the SW side of town - the Sugar Land & Missouri City area (SW suburb of Houston). Within minutes of a huge city with every thing or sevice you could possibly want you have your choice of:

>multiple small cities. Sugar Land, Missouri City, Katy, ...etc.

>many nice self sufficient bedroom neightborhood communities. Greatwood,
Sienna Plantation, New Territory, ..etc.

>small towns Richmond, Rosenberg, ..etc

Hell come to Sienna Plantation and buy my house. Great schools. Great community. I am going to the country - need to stretch my legs and have room for the horses to run.

I am also always intersted in new business ventures.

Shawn
Old 01-07-2012, 06:35 PM

Ya ive grown up in Michigan for most of my life, im currently 23 miles north of Detroit in a county called Oakland which is a pretty high end county, just the area we are in houses a lot of world HQ and facilities within 20 or so miles of each other (GM, Ford, Chrysler, Palace, Joe louis, Ford field, tiger stadium, down town detroit, etc...) its a very busy area to say the least which is fine with me and good, but so many ppl trying to fight over the same kind of work and well with how difficult the economy has been its been crazy.... We just want to be somewhere warm and in the rolling hills/ country where we just have a little bit of a slow down in life...
Old 01-13-2012, 05:52 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

OIL and GAS there are crap loads of jobs right now with the Eagle Ford Shell drilling going on, shouldnt have a problem any where in TX finding a job, if you happen to come farther south around corpus christi look me up.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:53 AM

Hey thanks for the heads up on Texas and ill be looking into the eagle ford.... Ya I'm just finishing up my truck maintenance to make its good to go. I'm kinda going down blind and seeing what I can drum up.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:55 PM

Where ya gonna come down to first to look?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.