I need a mechanic to inspect a 2008 F250 in Houston - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 06:00 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I need a mechanic to inspect a 2008 F250 in Houston

I'm looking to purchase a 2008 F250 off Ebay and want to get an inspection by someone that knows the 6.4 motor better than the typical internet 3rd party inspectors. Anybody have a recommendation? Needs to be done this week. Thanks a bunch for any help,

Brad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 08:07 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

send a pm to powerstrokeenginuities he is a certified diesel mechanic in houston, he seems like a great guy and trustworthy

where you located bud?
Old 07-19-2011, 08:18 AM

In the DC metro area. If I lived closer, I'd look at it myself. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

10-4 bud, im sure he will be able to hook ya up
Old 07-22-2011, 12:41 PM

We talked, but he had no time to look at it. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angler2 View Post
We talked, but he had no time to look at it. Thanks.
u still looking at it? PowerStroke Magic in Houston an excellent shop they did about 8000 under a freind of mines hood, and when i go to up my injectors and turbos they will be under mine,

Home

Monday - Friday 7am - 7pm

Saturday 8am - 5pm

talk to phillip or garrett both great people

8211 Fairbanks White Oak, C

Houston, TX 77040

Use the map for directions or feel free to call us at

713-896-7326
Old 07-22-2011, 12:57 PM

Funny, I found him on the interwebs. Seems like a great guy, but would only do the inspection if I could get the truck to him. I actually got a CARCHEX inspection and had a friend pull the Oasis report. I 've a thread over here odd issues that describes what he found.

The inspector says it is a super clean low mileage truck, but has a couple of issues that may be nothing or may be problematic. Having a tough time deciding.....We'll see what the dealer says about the inspection report and the Oasis report. They have a reputation for fixing any issue, so we'll see.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If this is the big used car dealer I am thinking it is, do your homework. I recently wasted $700 on a plane ticket and a Ford dealer inspection (in cahoots due to the amount of inspections they get from this used car dealer) to find out the truck I was going to buy was an oil field truck with the entire undercarriage (shocks and everything) coated in black rubberized coating to cover the rust. Pictures looked good, in person it was obvious this 55k mile truck had a very rough life. Waste of my time and money. Google the dealers name + complaints. Get some undercarriage pictures and you might consider buying a plane ticket and inspecting yourself.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:37 AM

Definitely a good call. It probably is the one you are thinking of - Texas Direct Auto. Undercarriage looks natural and fine. CARFAX shows one owner, not business owned as does the title. It has a buyback guarantee, so if I don't like it when I get there, no worries. It also helps that I have free ticket there on Southwest, so if it is a no go, all I have to buy is a ticket home.

<Edit> Holy sh*t their reviews are bad! But, most deal with complaints from people that haven't done their homework. I do think I will wait to pay for it until I inspect it myself.......

Last edited by angler2; 07-23-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

If it is Texas direct auto they buy all there stuff from auctions, about 60% will be beat up trucks but the other 40% are good trucks I have a few freinds who have nought trucks there in the past they are usually really honest people
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.