Moving to Killeen, looking for a gooseneck car hauler. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Military Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to jwiger Send a message via AIM to jwiger Send a message via MSN to jwiger Send a message via Yahoo to jwiger
Moving to Killeen, looking for a gooseneck car hauler.

Hello Gents!
I'm in the Air Force and I'm moving (PCSing) to central TX. Any good advise at all? I'm shipping my truck from Germany, and it will be at Dallas late July, early August. Any tips for the Killeen area would be appreciated.

Also, I'm somewhat in the market for a goose neck car hauler. I don't have a hitch yet (looking for a B&W turnover ball) but would like a solid trailer that could haul my '65 Chrysler.

Right now I have a 18' Dargo 7k lbs trailer that is stored in Indiana. The trailer was bought new in 2005 and has about 5k miles on it. If any one is interested I can have my buddy holding it take a picture. I'll need it to bring my '68 Cougar down in September time frame but after that I may consider selling it or trading for a goose neck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Killeen isn't to bad man. I was stationed there at Hood for about 7 years before getting out. I plan on coming back.

As far as living goes, if you are allowed to live off post Killeen has a couple areas that may be worth looking at, but I would try and find stuff in Harker Heights, Nolanville or maybe even Cove if you dont mind driving a little bit with the traffic.

You'll see a bunch of diesels in the area, one of my good buds is the president of the big club around there. So there is plenty of diesel guys around there.

Restruants aren't to bad, depends on what you like. They got a nice shopping area with food and stores over there right after you cross into Harker Heights. You got Bostons which I enjoy but they have moments where their food isn't the greatest. You got Pluckers, which is a pretty cool sports bar, better then Buffalo Wild Wings I think (which is right across the street). There is so many food places that i can't remember them all.

Mall is pretty crappy, you get a lot of the little thug kids walking around it. Other than that though I enjoyed Hood a lot, I can't wait to get back. Its very much a love it or hate it place though. So keep an open mind and dont judge Texas off of just that place alone.

Youre maybe 30 miles from Austin, about 2-1/2 hours south of Dallas, about 3 hours north of Houston and maybe 2 hours from San Antonio. So there is plenty to keep you occupied after you get burnt out on the whole military town bs.

Good luck man, if you have any other questions let me know.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
i second Harker Heights.. and Nolanville aka the ville..... Cove is a very nice area but a good commute with traffic in the morning.... all three though are great areas.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Military Member

Send a message via ICQ to jwiger Send a message via AIM to jwiger Send a message via MSN to jwiger Send a message via Yahoo to jwiger
Thanks Gents! We are getting a house in Walker Place area just on the far side of Cove. I don't mind the commute too much, at least it gives my truck a chance to warm up before I get to work! and if I have to run home in the middle of the day it's not really bad at all.

My truck is about 7-8 weeks out right now getting it out of Germany is taking forever!!!

Here's a link of the last time I saw it. There are moments in the video that would make you cringe, but no SUPERDUTY was harmed in the making of this video!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

good choice on walker place. thats where my wife and i are planning to move this summer. cove is a nice place and traffic isnt bad anymore since they upgraded 190.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Military Member

Seems to be real nice. PM me your info if you like, and we can meet up when you get here.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Serving Our Country!

I think you will like Texas, should be some good deals on buying a house now.
I can't get the pictures of your cars to work.
Doug
Old 07-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Military Member

I'm liking it so far. Buying a house in Copperas Cove. the links in my signature are broke while my server is in transit with the rest of my house hold stuff. I prefer to keep run my own server.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Military Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed01 View Post
good choice on walker place. thats where my wife and i are planning to move this summer. cove is a nice place and traffic isnt bad anymore since they upgraded 190.
You there yet?
Old 08-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

We didn't move to walker place but we now live in cove.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.