Possible relocation to Austin - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Possible relocation to Austin

Looking at possibly moving to Austin to work at the Samsung fab and have a few questions.

What are the emissions requirements?
Electric rates? I use 2-3 megawatt hours/month.
Which monopoly provides internet access?
What is housing like, good/bad areas and prices. Will be renting for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Emissions the same throughout all of Texas, don't know about electric supplier or cost, same w/the internet and I believe housing cost (rent) is higher than San Antonio so try to get out toward the sticks if you can. I don't know the answers because I've never lived amongst all those liberal, fag loving tree huggers. Oh yea, welcome to Texas and don't associate the majority of the Austinites views (the downtowners anyway) with the rest of us.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
time warner is the main cable company some areas in pflugerville use Cox I believe. Electic is a multichoice, any company can be ur 'provider' for most of the area, i think in main austin area there is an Austin elec co-op. I live in Round Rock, and I can choose who i want to provide my service, but the real power comes from Oncor for most of the state I believe. There are severla Apartment complexes close to the Samsung faciiity I believe. Prices are all over the map from basic place to live, to some that have granite counters, solid wood floors, canyon views, etc, etc/. Best bet is start with price range you are looking for and then begin looking at places. As far as good bad, etc. It really depends on the area of austin you are in, each one has a good and a bad area for the most part. Austin, like much of Tx also uses natural gas for heat and water heaters in homes. Many apartments may have electric, or at least water/gas included/ They will all vary though.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookset View Post
Emissions the same throughout all of Texas
So what are the emissions requirements in Texas? I'm from California and currently registered in South Dakota due to emissions.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:36 AM
I wanna go fast!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There is no smog....some places will make sure you have the cat some wont. Im in san antonio and have plenty of places that will pass anything let me know if you need any suggestions.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
all they have ever checked on mine was if it had a muffler. since 05 I only had to put muffler back on once to get inspected then took right back off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.