Is it me or this dealer? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 07:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to LibTimothy
Is it me or this dealer?

I called Johnson Bros Ford in Temple Texas this morning to get an appointment for an oil change on my F350 6.4L diesel. The service writer asked me for my truckís vin number. I pointed out that it is on the truck which is outsideÖ and it is raining. The writer would not make an appointment unless I went out in the rain and read her the vin number. I asked why and was told that their system would not let them do anything unless there is a vin number. Plus they needed it to look up the truckís service records. I pointed out that every other dealer gets the vin after I show up for my appointment and looks up the service records while doing the service.

The service writer was very firm: If I donít go stand out in the rain and get the vin, I am not getting an appointment for service.

I donít get it. I am a new customer. I explained that I was looking for another Ford dealer to get my truck serviced as the dealer in Belton closed. I asked four times for an appointment and finally told the service writer that I would go to the Ford dealer in Killeen.

I thought dealers WANTED new service business?

Is it me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

It is true that the VIN number is needed for the first appointment and to look up parts.But all the dealerships I have worked the service writer went out when the service attendant wasn,t available.The service attendant would write the vin number down,mileage check the truck for damage and then park it.Sounds like someone didn't care who you were and didn't want to get wet or get up.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to LibTimothy
Is it me???

Yes, but I was at home calling on the phone. I just wanted to set up an appointment. But unless I went out in the rain and gave them the vin, they were not going to give me an appointment.

Why do they need the vin before they will set an appointment??? Over the phone????

The only excuse I can think of is they do not want my money.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stumblefoot
With so many dealerships in the area closing, I guess they think they got you by the short hairs. I take mine out to Lampasas, they are good folks. IMHO Killeen Ford SUCKS. Cove Ford is closed Gatesville Ford is closed. Now its just my OCD but I make copies of my registration and ins cards, your VIN is on both and keeps you in and out of the rain. And if your truck disappears you have VIN & Lic plate# handy. Along with the documentation to pick it up IF they catch it before it crosses the Mexican boarder.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:49 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
they dealer where I take mine has a 3 bay drive thru, you pull in so its out of the elements. If it would have been me, I would have left, if he isnt going to do his job properly, he wont get my business
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.