So this is probably the craziest thing I have ever done. But im going to try it. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So this is probably the craziest thing I have ever done. But im going to try it.

Alright heres the deal, short story long.
I have a best friend named Devin. Devin is a good kid, always makes the right choices and never gives into me trying to talk him into to doing something crazy. He is 17, hard worker, tries in school, and has a job.

Devin was supposed to get a truck last december. His father told him when he was 12 that he would buy him a truck for his 16th birthday. Since his parents got a divorce, his mother held that against him. Devin's father bought him a 1982 f-250 for $1,000. It didn't make it to Devin for atleast 6 months after it was bought.

During that time, he was told he would be getting it on a weekly basis. But never got it. Devin's parents are still too busy shooting the **** back and forth at each other that they have completely become oblivious to what is important for their children and not themselves.

Well Devin gets his truck and immediately we can tell its only a POS. It hardly runs. One more thing to let Devin down and kills his hopes. In the mean time, my parents buy me an 06 f250. Devin is more deserving than me and his parents won't buy him anything.

So heres what I'm getting at. I set up a little fund for him because I know giving him money for a truck will mean the world to him. I have a little jar that says Devin's Truck Money, and although he is saving vigorously, he does not make enough to have a truck before he starts college.

So here goes, would any of you more fortunate guys offer anything? $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $100 towards this fund? I would like to raise $500 bucks.

I really owe it to him just for being a great friend. I am trying to help him purchase an OBS with a 7.3 in it and his mother is not helping him at all. His Dad lives 300 miles away and is currently serving in Iraq?

Once again, would you guys donate anything at all?

Disclaimer: this is not a joke and I do not intend to use any of this money for myself. I will have a video camera present when I give the money to him to show his excitement.

BTW I know this is ludicrous, but I was set over the edge tonight when I showed his mom some truck and she totally blew it off. Thanks alot fellas.

Last edited by T.R.P.; 09-15-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
Where r u located?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubbockguy1979 View Post
Where r u located?
Wow. A miracle. 15 miles west of houston in Katy, Tx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.