career options - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Testing Forum Dont know how to post a poll, picture, Etc....Try it out here first!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
career options

I am 17 and I think its about time to find out what I want to do with my life. There are two things I am looking into, one is air conditioning and the other is to be a disel tec. I know the AC job won't be going away here in Arizona but if I ever wanted to move I don't know if it would be worth all the school. I really like all this diesel stuff and I love learning about it. Im sure if I asked what to do I would only get one side of the story but what I do want to know is if those of you that chose the deisel path are happy with what you did and if you like your job? (don't know if this is the right place to post this but it was the best I could figure out)

Thanks to all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to somebodyelse5
Facing somewhat of the same situation. Im planning on going to college, probably ASU or somewhere with engineering. Not 100% sure yet. What i keep being told to do is to go to college, so that you have more than one choice. Thats what i would recomend haha. Check wyotech too haha.

Donno if that helped at all. Good luck!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:10 PM

Send a message via MSN to mikeslegers
I am currently a student at Boise State, I would recommend going to college and try different practices... eventually you'll then know what you'll enjoy the most
Old 03-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ha ha I was just watchin the news and it was sayin how there was a shortage of AC reparemen.

I just don't want a desk job I would almost rather tar roads in 120 degree weather

I think I would rather go to UTI because they have a campus here in Arizona but I still have no clue. I want to go to collage but im not too sure about a university

By the way it's all about the U of A! I can't say too much for that ASWho
Old 03-12-2008, 11:12 PM
International Threat

ask marc or scott.... they both would say wrenching for a living takes the fun out of it.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:28 PM

I never went to school because I always knew I would waste all the time and money on a degree and then figure out I didnt want to do what I had a degree in any more.

thats was a good excuse for a while but now I sure wish I had gone to school some days.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:34 PM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
how bout this route. FAA is going to hire 15,000 Air traffic controllers in the next ten years. Look for colleges that offer ATC-I courses. when u get out of the school with associates or B.A. U get preference into the FAA. Median salary for a qualified Air traffic controller is 100K a year. Google ATC schools. theres less than 20 in the country
Old 03-13-2008, 04:47 AM
Serving Our Country!

Don't rule out serving your country!

I was somewhat unseure of what I wanted to do in HS as well. Gave the Air Force a shot and after 28 years I have decided it was worth the shot!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:01 AM
Banned

Never turn something that you like into a job. You will loose the thing you enjoyed.

Be mindful of what department you work in. Two friends got jobs at Lowes. One worked from cash register into management. The other had painted and started in the paint department. He hurt his back lifting five gallon buckets of paint up a ladder to stack pallets worth of five gallon buckets on the top shelf.

My nephew sold tools and did not see a future beyond selling more tools. He went to school and will be operating xray and mri machines in a hospital for a hundred grand a year. The benefits are even better, the hospital would have a hard time not offering medical coverage to people working in the hospital.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:29 AM

If you are even considering military,you can find anything ya want to do in the military....ac,diesel tech,plummer,anything doctor lawyer,and they pay for college...just a thought...go in young, see the world ,retire early and find a hobby to pass time...my2cents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.