EGR Delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Tennessee Powerstrokes Tennessee Powerstrokes Chapter Area

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR Delete

Hello, I am new to this board, but have heard this is were I should come for local help. I am looking for some to install an EGR delete on my truck...it is s 2004F-250 6.0l. I have been told it isn't hard, but I really don't have the time, or the skills to do it. I am not necessarily looking for a shop, but would really need to get some one with a lot of experience.

I like in Knoxville, but would be willing to go to any of the surrounding counties to get this done. If you know some one will to help me out please let me know. I haven't bought a kit yet, so if there is a preferred one I will order it once we get together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Coal Rolling = Posing

Where you at in Knoxville?

We've got a few people up there, I think at least one of 'em has done his own delete and might be able to walk you through it.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I live in West Knoxville right off of I-40. I have checked out a couple shops (Cobb's Diesel Performance) near by and they seem to be priced fair....at least to me. John is going to do it for me after the first of the year.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:53 AM
Coal Rolling = Posing

Avoid cobbs at all costs brother.

I'll explain more in depth later.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Coal Rolling = Posing

As promised...

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/fee...bs-diesel.html

Cobb's Diesel--Not an Authorized Dealer!

Order from Cobbs Diesel Performance gone bad

A big one...

Cobbs broke it and RUDYS FIXED IT!

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/pow...post-here.html

And that oughta get you started.

Search on a few other forum's and you'll find even more reasons not to buy from him.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Carbon huffing animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalker0 View Post
Hello, I am new to this board, but have heard this is were I should come for local help. I am looking for some to install an EGR delete on my truck...it is s 2004F-250 6.0l. I have been told it isn't hard, but I really don't have the time, or the skills to do it. I am not necessarily looking for a shop, but would really need to get some one with a lot of experience.

I like in Knoxville, but would be willing to go to any of the surrounding counties to get this done. If you know some one will to help me out please let me know. I haven't bought a kit yet, so if there is a preferred one I will order it once we get together.
Hey there. I'm in West Knox Vegas myself. Live near the end of Middlebrook.

I've done my own EGR delete, and external oil cooler (highly recommended for longevity).

There are no real diesel shops that I'm aware of, but I've never checked out Cobbs either. Ted Russell has done some deletes, but that's not really something they'll advertise as it's illegal really.

If you have space to work, I could lend you my skills/experience you need to do the job if you have you kit. ( I recommend BulletProofDiesel kit's)

PM me if you want more help, that's what we're all here for.....
Old 12-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the offer. It looks like I will give it a shot myself next week over the holiday weekend. How long did it take you to do yours? I have heard/read it takes eight to 12 hours...is that a reasonable amount of time that I can plan for?
Old 12-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Carbon huffing animal

It took me every waking moment of a saturday and sunday. more than 12 hours. probably pushing about 20 hours. If you get in a bind, and need a hand, let me know.... I can be your "tech support" if you need it.... I'll PM you my email, and I have a Blackberry so I'll get an email instantly.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Carbon huffing animal

of course, I also did an aftermarket oil cooler which added to the time.

If you don't do an aftermerket oil cooler, you at the very least must replace the OEM oil cooler with a new one. Otherwise you'll be blowing your headgaskets.

It would also be a good idea to replace the HPOP filter while you're in there. It's worth the extra effort.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Carbon huffing animal

couple more tips....

don't disassemble the two exhaust up pipes from the headers, just disassemble the down pipe, the EGR cooler connection, and the Y-pipe from the turbo. When you put the turbo back together, do it in this order... 1. EGR Cooler Connection, (depending on what delete kit you get), 2. Down Pipe, 3. Y-Pipe. You have to be sure the Y-Pipe is seated before installing the V Clamp, and stays seated. If you have a loud hiss on startup, you're problem is most likely at the Y-pipe. Also, get the new turbo mounting bolt kit. Updated bolts that won't loosen and fall out on their own. You may encounter a droning between 1500 - 2000 RPM. This is the turbo mount. I don't know what causes this, but disassembly, and reassembly is the root of it. Mine seems to have gone away after a bit of time....

Maybe more tips to come if they come to memory....... Like be careful with the intake gaskets... It's easy to install them backwards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.