Chattanooga Meet: October 2-4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Tennessee Powerstrokes Tennessee Powerstrokes Chapter Area

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 07:24 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Chattanooga Meet: October 2-4

Looks like we will get together the weekend of Oct 2-4.

This will be a great chance to get local members together as well as welcome other out of town members to come over. I am new to the F250 scene and what all you may want to do once we get together. Drawing on my experience from my S2000 club I would love to get some ideas on simple Mods that could be done or any maintenance items you all would like to do. Its always great to tap into the knowledge base of so many different members. Just last week I installed the dieselsite coolant filter and transmission filter. Also did the Tymar intake. The pictures and threads on the forum were a great asset in making the installs quick and painless.

We will be able to use a 2 bay garage with a lift on one side. The garage is outfitted with about any tool we might need. Also have a tire changer, rotor churner, and other stuff.

Once we get a feel for numbers we can work on the final agenda. I could see us getting together for Friday dinner. Saturday being a garage day. I will cookout for us at the garage. Saturday afternoon drive to battlefields, Lookout Mountain, or other areas. Saturday night football and dinner. I have a theater room with 8 Berkilne recliners and a 96" screen. Sunday ??

Here are some good camping spots for those coming from out of town-

Tennessee Camping - Chester Frost Park
Welcome
TN State Parks: Harrison Bay State Park

Hotel option-
Hotels are pricey here. Check out the Microtel Inn or Fairfield Inn. May be able to get a good Hotwire rate or expedia.com rate.

Reply and let us know if and what days you will be attending.

Member - Bill caneintn
Attending - Fri, Sat, and Sun
Like to do: Brake pad change

EDIT 9.21.09
No worries about last minute decisions to come. We will have the garage open and anyone is welcome to drop in. I will update the possible attendee list soon.

Here are directions. The physical address is 500 dodds avenue.

Coordinates are:

35.029162,-85.264560

You will enter the main gate of the campus and check in. Just tell them you are going to the auto shop to see Bill.

FROM DOWNTOWN CHATTANOOGA: Take M.L. King Blvd. east; at Central Avenue, M.L. King Blvd. becomes Bailey Avenue; continue straight on Bailey to Dodds Avenue; campus entrance is straight through the intersection of Dodds and Bailey.

FROM ATLANTA, KNOXVILLE or CHATTANOOGA AIRPORT: Take I-75 to I-24 and follow the signs towards Downtown Chattanooga; exit at Belvoir Ave./Germantown Road; the exit will put you on North Terrace Ave. parallel to the interstate; go 0.8 miles to Germantown Road; turn right on Germantown Road; go 0.7 miles to Brainerd Road; turn left on Brainerd Road; go 1.0 miles, through Missionary Ridge Tunnel; immediately after passing through the tunnel, take the first off-ramp to the right (marked Highway 17), before the overpass; at the bottom of the exit ramp, turn left onto Dodds Ave.; campus entrance is 1 block on the left.

FROM NASHVILLE or BIRMINGHAM: Follow I-24 tothe 4th Ave. exit; turn left onto 4th Ave.; go 1 block to 23rd Street; turn right onto 23rd Street; go 0.4 miles to Dodds Avenue; turn left onto Dodds Ave.; go 1.0 miles; campus entrance is on the right.

EDIT 9/30/09
New sign up thread located here

Official Chattanooga Meet Sign up / Info Thread

Last edited by caneintn; 09-30-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

I will be there for sure Sat and Sun. I will have to see if I can trade a shift so I can be there Fri night. I hope to have my gauge's by then, if so I want to do the install. The proposed itinerary sounds great to me too.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Carbon huffing animal

I will probably come down Saturday, don't think I'll do any wrenching on my truck, but I will gladly roll up my sleves and turn some wrenches on anybody else who would like a second set of hands.

I've spent 15+ years as an electronics tech, so I can big a huge help if anybody has some electrical work, gauges, etc to install.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Send a message via AIM to crew991
i don't think i can make this one talladega is comin up.i have to start gettin ready for it
Old 08-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Sounds fun but I’m going to have to miss this one, we are having a big tractor show at the Decatur fair that weekend and I have already planned to go there.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:51 AM

I'm in. Sunday is easy,Fri. and Sat. will have to put in to get off work,but shouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4superduty_diesel View Post
I'm in. Sunday is easy,Fri. and Sat. will have to put in to get off work,but shouldn't be a problem.
Sounds good. I wouldn't worry about Friday night. I actually have to be at a football game for some of the evening. McCallie plays at Baylor that night. Saturday would be the big day if you can work it out.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4superduty_diesel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by caneintn View Post
Sounds good. I wouldn't worry about Friday night. I actually have to be at a football game for some of the evening. McCallie plays at Baylor that night. Saturday would be the big day if you can work it out.

Friday night will be a get rested up night for me I will be driving down after working Thursday night. I will however have to eat so if ya'll want to go for a nice meal at a not to overpriced steakhouse I am in. Give me a shout.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:04 AM
assistant director

I will try and make it. maybe the wife too
Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have to support my sister who is running the Murfreesboro marathon on the 3rd. I'm going to try to come down afterwards, but I'm not sure if I can make it. I'll have my gauges, but I hope to have them installed by then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.