Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

passenger side upper and lower turns into.....

868 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  chessie_tractor 
#1 ·
ok here i go. i called the dealership last thurs. to have my "passenger side upper and lower ball joints installed, "under warranty". prier to making an appointment i had my son take my truck to his high school to have the shop teacher look at it. and the end results were as noted, upper and lower ball joints on the passenger side only. so i made an appointment for mon. morning at the dealership. well 4:00 monday rolls around and i get a phone call, and guess what the guy on the other end of the phone tells me that he had his tech on my truck since noon giving it a though inspection and unfortunately that "all four ball joints, all four drag link ends, both cv joints and pitman arm need to be replaced, and that all this work will be around $1600.00. and then my response was REALLY! well... isnt all that covered under my warranty? then it got really quiet on the other end of the phone. he then responded with "ill have to look that up". then around 5:15 i get a voicemail stating that it was indeed covered under warranty, and didnt sound as friendly saying it either.
today is now wed and i call the dealership on the status of my truck and i'm told that my truck would not be ready untill thurs. night or possibly fri afternoon. i asked why and told him that my friends son works at a competitors ford dealership and he told me that its an 8 hr job in the book but he can have it done in 3.5 hrs. his response was that while working on my truck he is working on 3 others as well. after hearing that it got ugly and i finally hung up the phone.
so my question is the next warranty job i encounter should i drive almost 20 miles to another ford dealer, or just ask for the parts and do it myself.

See less See more
#2 ·
I would take it to another dealer. Honestly I would have told them to get it driveable and have the other shop finish it. The shop isn't losing money when they do warrenty work, ford pays for it, so there is no reason for them to get ugly. I would also report them to ford corporate.

I had a issue a few years back with my dodge and getting a motor replaced, they didn't want to honor the warrenty. We made one call to corporate and they were fixing it plus giving me a rental. It probably didn't hurt that the law firm that my mom worked for handled the Damlier buyout.

Reactions: chessie_tractor
#3 ·
here's the update. the dealership called thurs. to in form me that they need two more days to work on my truck. so i asked to speak to the manager. he informs me that my truck has not even seen the lift yet, when the service manager told me weds. that "they had alittle more work to do on the truck". now my truck is at a different dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.