2014 F350 Lift? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 11:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2014 F350 Lift?

Hey everyone! I will be purchasing a new truck in June and had some questions on lifts. I'm not 100% sure as to exactly what year and model I'm going to get. Looking to buy a 2014 F350 6.7, but would consider an F250 if it has all the options I want. Possibly could buy a used 2012-2013, or even go brand new with a 2015 F250 or F350. Just not sure yet, depends on the kind of deal I can get.

I was wondering what brand lift would be best for me. Looking to either put a 2-2.5" Leveling kit or a 4" lift on. I'm leaning more toward the 4", but not sure about brand and if I could fit 37" MT's. I want to do rims and tires right away, and not sure if I go with 35's or 37's with a 4" lift ( If 37's fit without rubbing). I will be towing pull behinds once and a while, and even gooseneck livestock/horse trailers.

Leaning towards the BDS 4" 4 Link. Any comments good or bad would be appreciated! Also any other suggestions as to type/brand of lift would be appreciated! NOT looking to go cheap! This is a 60K plus truck, don't want any failures or cheap lifts! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2014, 10:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

My favorite combo is a 4.5" Icon kit with One Up Offroad Adjustable Link Arms and OUO traction bars. It rides great, the link arms tighten up the steering, and the traction bar setup keeps it so you can tow and do whatever you want with your truck.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:15 AM

Another vote for Icon. They have 2.5" and 4.5" kits available with plenty of options depending on your budget and what shocks you want. If you want to run 37's, definitely go with the 4.5" kit. Feel free to check their kits out on our site or give us a holler if you have any questions.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford67 View Post
Hey everyone! I will be purchasing a new truck in June and had some questions on lifts. I'm not 100% sure as to exactly what year and model I'm going to get. Looking to buy a 2014 F350 6.7, but would consider an F250 if it has all the options I want. Possibly could buy a used 2012-2013, or even go brand new with a 2015 F250 or F350. Just not sure yet, depends on the kind of deal I can get.

I was wondering what brand lift would be best for me. Looking to either put a 2-2.5" Leveling kit or a 4" lift on. I'm leaning more toward the 4", but not sure about brand and if I could fit 37" MT's. I want to do rims and tires right away, and not sure if I go with 35's or 37's with a 4" lift ( If 37's fit without rubbing). I will be towing pull behinds once and a while, and even gooseneck livestock/horse trailers.

Leaning towards the BDS 4" 4 Link. Any comments good or bad would be appreciated! Also any other suggestions as to type/brand of lift would be appreciated! NOT looking to go cheap! This is a 60K plus truck, don't want any failures or cheap lifts! Thanks!
These newer trucks look good with 35's on a 2.5" lift and 37's on a 4.5" lift.

For a 2.5" kit I would look at the different offerings from Carli. For a 4.5" Kit both Carli and Pure Performance have some awesome systems available.

Here's my 11 F250 with a 2.5" Carli Commuter 2.0 System:

Old 04-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Alright, cool! Thanks guys! I was looking at Icons before BDS and it's between those two. I just didn't want any higher than a 4" and didn't know if I wanted a 2.5". Thinking I may just go with the Icon 2.5" with 35's. Thanks for the quick feed back!
Old 04-23-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Alright, cool! Thanks guys! I was looking at Icons before BDS and it's between those two. I just didn't want any higher than a 4" and didn't know if I wanted a 2.5". Thinking I may just go with the Icon 2.5" with 35's. Thanks for the quick feed back!
If you do the Icon 2.5" add a adj track bar and dual steering stabilizer kit to it. Icons 2.5" kit rides real nice around town and works great with 35's
Old 04-24-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
The Icon 2.5" kit with 35's looks and functions great, you will not be disappointed!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:08 PM

I have the BDS 4" with Fox Upgrade. I did the lift with just 1200 miles on the truck and have 2300 now. I got the truck with almost 800 as they had to drive to me to deliver it.

the little that I drove it, I felt that lift helped the ride. The Fox weren't much more overall, and the shop said the difference was worth it so I went for it.

I added a Rear sway bar also which helped keep the back end more stable.

I have to say that my only real issues has been with the Nitto Trail Grappler tires. I have 295/65-20 as there is limited tire choices that fully meet the requirements for a F350. a 35 is supposed to be more like a 34.5, and the 295s are supposed to be just over 35 in reality. when I measured my tires they were indeed over 35". the issue I had was the made the truck tow like crap. I ended up lowering the tire pressure and it helped a ton.

I am in the process of searching to see of a dual stabilizer kit is worth the cost for me. I am leaning toward yes, I feel like it needs it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.