03 srw f 350 leveling question. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 06:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 srw f 350 leveling question.

Okay I know there is numerous threads and post about leveling the front of a sd truck, but I'm looking for some help or suggestions with my particular situation, so I'm sorry in advance if someone has to repeat therselves.

I have a 03 fx4 srw f350 so from factory sits considerably higher in the rear. I brought it to a local spring shop and they added another leaf in the front which brought it up a bit but still shy about 2 inches. I put on some 315 70 17 bfg ats which rub on drivers side inner fender but passenger side is fine., why is this?

My next question is what is my best bet to achieve the needed 2 inches to bring the front up. I bought a tuff country add a leaf and was going to put that in but was concerned because the spring is the same length as the one the spring shop added.

What are your thoughts also should I be looking into Pitman arm drop, longer track bar or will I be okay.

Thx in advance for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2014, 07:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Your truck rubs because the front being lifted from the add a leaf and a stock track bar is making the front axle pull on the drivers side bar mount. An adjustable track bar would be necessary to center the axle. With just a leveling kit a drop pitman arm wouldn't be needed (and I don't think they make them for anything less than a 4" lift if I'm not mistaking)

I would suggest getting a drop shackle/hanger kit to achieve the additional 2" of lift you're looking for along with some new front shocks that are intended for that lift height (your current shocks might be long enough but you never know or if they do stretch they might have a shorter life)

PMF makes a great set of drop shackles and hangers for these trucks. Zone off-road has the least expensive adjustable track bar to my knowledge for these trucks as well

Hope that helps you out some!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ya was just doing some more reading and realized that the tracking bar is causing the drivers side wheel to be in more then the passenger so ill have to look into that adjustable track bar. I was thinking of just removing the front leafs all together and replacing with a 4 inch spring. Unless it's cheaper just to go with shackles, I'm looking for the most cost effective method at this time, I only have 300 into the add a leaf and already bought taller shocks since I needed new shocks anyway.

But yes thanks for your help.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

This is one of the most affordable kits I have found which includes track bar adjustment hardware. They sell the kit alone and with shocks.

EPC: 2" 99-04 Ford F250/F350 Super Duty Hanger Leveling Kit

EPC: 2" 99-04 Ford F250/F350 Super Duty Hanger Leveling Kit

2" Shackle Leveling Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.