2014 F350 srw drives horrible - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 08:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2014 F350 srw drives horrible

I just sold my 2011 f350 and bought a 2014 in the same truck. The 14 drives so bad its almost dangerous. The truck wanders all over the road and follows every little groove. I constantly have to correct the steering wheel just to stay in the lines on the highway. After driving more than a few hours I am worn out. The 11 drove straight as an arrow. Ive had the truck to two different alignment shops both said it was fine. A friend of mine did the same thing, went from a 2011 f350SRW to a 2014SRW and he said his truck does the same thing. I hope this isn't a 2014 issue. Any thoughts? I need help quick or I will have a brand new truck for sale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2014, 08:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Can you take it back to the dealership?
Old 04-01-2014, 08:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by layson View Post
Can you take it back to the dealership?
Yes the dealership is who I took it to first to get aligned. They said it was fine.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:22 AM

Are the tires and wheels same? I know they keep upping the capcity on these beasts, so im wondering if they went to a firmer, directional tire with a denser rubber compound. Is the tread pattern the same? It is commonly overlooked. I know a lot of the heavy duty directionals will wander a bit during the break in period. We test drove a 14 250 the other day when my truck was in the shop and I did an eleven mile loop on socal freeways (probably the worst roads in america) and surface streets, it rode and tracked very nicely. Hope you get it squared away, nothing is worse than being unhappy with a 60k purchase.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:34 AM

I think you got to be a squeaky wheel on this one... keep going back!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by layson View Post
I think you got to be a squeaky wheel on this one... keep going back!
^^^Agreed^^^

Test drive a few other 2014's on the lot to see if the wandering is "normal".
Old 04-01-2014, 12:47 PM

I have to say that my 13 SRW CCLB 350 rides like crap too. I really thought it would ride better than my 05 CCSB but this is not the case at all.

The 13 shudders over every bump in the road. I would have thought the LB would have smoothed the ride out over the SB but I guess I was wrong.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscofreak View Post
I have to say that my 13 SRW CCLB 350 rides like crap too. I really thought it would ride better than my 05 CCSB but this is not the case at all.

The 13 shudders over every bump in the road. I would have thought the LB would have smoothed the ride out over the SB but I guess I was wrong.
In most cases the long beds will ride worse due to frame flex.

What did your 05 have on it for wheels/tires compared to you '13?
Old 04-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Does it have rancho shocks? My '08 had those, and shuttered on the bumps. I changed to Bilsteins, and solved the problem
Old 04-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just got back from the second Ford dealership and they said toe,caster and camber were all fine. I said why did it pull to the right then and drive like crap, I want to see the sheet that you get from Ford that tells you what everything was set at. He said they didn't have it, yet Ive got one for my last three trucks over the years. Cut a long story short it never got checked at both dealerships because of the after market wheels and tires. Instead of telling me that, they said it was fine because it had less than 1100 miles even though the same wheels and tires were on my 2011, can't be off already. If I want it aligned from Ford it has to have stock wheels and tires.

I wish the bad ride was the problem but its not. doesn't really matter what shocks you have, the 350 isn't the best ride on CA roads. Ive had Bilsteins, fox shocks and now Ranchos on this one because of fx4 package. The sage continues and I am starting to get frustrated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.