To Lift or Not to Lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 06:40 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
To Lift or Not to Lift

Fellas...I have a 2007 F350 Lariat CCLB 6.0 all stock, oem 20s, with 76k, problem free and still under warranty...oh, and a former ROTM winner! I've always wanted to lift and lightly mod a truck and I doubt I'll buy another one considering the one I built online the other night was $68k+.

I guess I'm looking for some pros/cons whether to do a 6" lift w/20x10" wheels and 35-37" tires from those of you who have. Was it hard on the the transmission or drivetrain? How much of an impact did it have on your MPGs? How about getting in and out of the truck and/or bed...a PITA? ETC....

I will also be installing a 4" turbo back exhaust, air kit, and am considering an SCT S3/4 or Livewire. My dealership is strongly recommending a Bulletproof EGR cooler and new oil cooler. I'm only looking for a better running and more fuel efficient truck where my mail focus is reliability since this is probably my last truck.

Your feedback and/or recommendations are appreciated. I posted this in the 6.0 Exterior forum, but it's probably better suited here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You just can't beat a 4.5" setup from Icon with some traction bars. It isn't too big, you don't have to run big tires. You can still tow whatever you want, even a gooseneck. It is going to ride good and it isn't going to be a pain to get in and out of.

Even if you go with a 6" 37's are not going to be that hard on the drivetrain. You don't necessarily have to regear. But I did notice a difference in power and mileage when I went from 35's to 37's. They are just plain heavy!

Whichever way you go with the lift kit, get something nice and halfway decent that is why I recommend the icon. If you head down to the local lift kit shop you will end up with something that rides more like a truck, if you know what I mean.

Talk to a shop like Truck Toyz Performance and they can help you with what you are looking for.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:22 AM
Vintage Nakamichi Powered

I agree with the idea of using Icon for a lift kit. I would also look into a Pure Performance lift. They both are known for quality springs as well as materials.
Electric steps are awesome and you still retain the stock look.

As far as the truck goes with 37" tires, it will be fine. These trucks are tough it won't care.
However I would NOT remove the oem Donaldson air filter. It is most likely the best thing on these 6.0 engines!! Aftermarket filters are a joke in comparison.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:38 PM

Thanks for all the feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.