Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fabtech Lift Opinions

7K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  jetjock15 
#1 ·
Been looking into lift kits the past month and was pretty much set on fabtech because they are the only ones offering a 10" kit. After reading the install instructions today Im not so sure if I like the fact that they use sway bar drop brackets rather then longer end links. Also the 4link mount looks kind of half assed the way it attaches to the factory radius arm mount instead of replacing it completely and mounting to the frame like the BDS and Pure Performance 8" kits do. Im just looking for any opinions from anyone currently using a kit from one of those 3 companies. Also Id appreciate some pictures of 11-14 trucks with 8" or 10" lifts for comparison purposes. Thanks.

#2 ·
#3 ·
#5 ·
Thanks for the other companies guys, Ive looked into the one up kits before and thats a little to pricey for my good. If i was going to spend that kind of money i would rather kelderman air. The full throttle kits are nice only thing I dont like is they dont offer 4link, Id prefer that over radius arms.

My end goal as of right now is to nicely fit my summer tires without having them stuff in the wheel wells to much. I have a set of 37x13.5r20 toyo open countries waiting to be put on once the snow melts and I get the lift installed. Im afraid if I go 8 ill regret it and want 10 later on. When the toyos are worn out Ill probably go with 38s or possibly 40s, I just dont want to limit my future options and I wont be trimming fenders. For price Id like to stay in the 4-5k range.

#8 ·
I have 4" with 35s. They look very small in the wheel wells. When they wear out I'll be getting 37s. The 37s would look good on a 6". Much more than that I think it would be a waste of lift and only for looks. I would hate having to get in to a truck that high very often.

Brett

#13 ·
Thats the ouo kit? Thanks for the pics thats awesome, pretty much what im looking to do. I already spent $4500 on wheels and tires. They are sitting in my garage right now patientlu awaiting the lift. Those werent included in that budget.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#14 ·
Yes those are all OUO kits.

What size tires and which wheels did you end up with?

#18 ·
Thanks dantron, I just want some measurements so I can somewhat compare with my truck, just gotta use some imagination.

Thats a nice truck jetjock, hows it adjustable? What kit is that?

#20 ·
One thing you might want to consider is the approved wheel width for larger tires. I would love a 10" lift with 40's, but I would need to get 12" wide wheels because Toyo only makes a 40x15.5x20 (I only like 20" wheels). They do make 38x13.5x20 as well as a 38x15.5x20 though. However, if I were to actually change my set up I would need to move up to 40's.

#21 ·
Yah Im thinking Im going to have to purchase wider wheels if I want to go to 38s or 40s, Ill probably run these 37s down then use the fuel wheels for smaller winter tires when it snows and get all new wheels and tires for summer with whatever size rubber I decided to go with then.

Jetjock so you just bought an 8" rize kit at first and then swapped out taller blocks an bigger king coilovers in the front and thats it?

#22 ·
Yes the Rize kits were developed to run from 8-12" of lift. If you order it as a 12" kit it will come with additional steering components. ( i dont know if that is still the case) The rest of the kit is the same. It comes with shims that allow different mounting options of the track bar in the upper track bar bracket (same concept as just having an adjustable trac bar). Since its actaully a 4 link kit with seperate base mounts, the castor hardly changes at all (a true 4 link) at the various heights, unlike a single radius arm where castor would have to be addressed each time. In front I have a 12" coilver which is adjustable from 7.5 to 10.5" of lift. In back I run a 4" OUO block for 8" lift and I have 1 and 2" blocks have used in conjuction with at various times to go up and down. I'm staying at 8" from here out because it helps my trailer sit the most level and I dont off-road the truck as much as I used to. I know RIZE has gone through changes over the years, I can't speak for the product they sell today. I got my parts through truck toys in 07. I have broken many things over the years off roading to include 2 front inner axles, stripped steering gear, a rear driveline, broke a wheel in half...etc... The rize parts have held up with zero issues, I would buy again in a heartbeat. Not any other kits I know that do the true 4 link and move the lower mounting point back so far like the Rize - though I dont keep up with the current lift kits so maybe that option is out there. Make sure and post pics when you get your truck up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.