The Question is I'm looking at adding Train horns and would like to be able to controil my airbags also looked on airlifts page and can't find anything to do this. What is the best way to do this Thanks JJ
One way to do this is as follows -
- Install a storage tank with pressure switch. 3-5 gallon or so should be fine. One with multiple large (1/2" minimum on the largest) openings would be best.
- Plumb and wire the compressor to fill the tank based on the pressure switch.
- Plumb each bag (or group of bags depending on your setup) through a solenoid valve connected to the tank. Place a T fitting inline between each valve and the bag. These valves need to be wired to your inflate switch in the cab.
- Install a solenoid valve in the open side of each T installed in the last step and wire to the deflate switch in the cab.
- In the largest opening in the tank, install a fast opening, or dump, solenoid valve.
- Plumb your horn to the valve using the least amount of tubing and at least 1/2" diameter if possible. The intention is to get the most air to the horn as fast as possible. A larger tank will allow the horn to sound longer, louder.
- Wire this solenoid to the horn switch of your choice.
- Have fun scaring the pants off of people with your new horn.
This is based on a set of generic conditions. Your components may or may not function properly with this, but I encourage you to give it a try and make it work. Hope this is what you were looking for.