Issues with ReadyLift kit on 2013 F250 - leans 1" to the left & pulls right driving - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Issues with ReadyLift kit on 2013 F250 - leans 1" to the left & pulls right driving

Had my local and trusted mechanic (he put a 6" lift on my 2011 F-150) install a ReadyLift Stage III kit with some Bilstein shocks on my 2013 F-250 4x4 6.7L. Here is the link to the kit:

2011-2013 Ford Super Duty F250 Stage 3 SST Lift Kit

It was not noticeable at first, but now 3 months later, my truck "leans" 1" to the left. I measured the height of my wheels wells on each side of the truck to confirm this. You can see it from a close distance when the truck is on a flat, even surface. I also noticed I seem to pull to the right a bit on the road.

I'm a total suspension novice and have no desire or time really to get under there and install or tweak anything myself. I'm willing to add any extra parts or have it re-installed by someone else if something is not right. I asked him about the leaning and he said that was normal on Super Dutys with leveling or lift kits. I forgot to look at his 2010 with a 6" lift to see if that held true. I did not ask him about the steering yet.

Any insight to the problem? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Serving Our Country!

I wouldn't call that normal. I've seen them ride lower in the back after time, but not to one side or the other. Is it level front and back or is it sinking in one corner?
Old 03-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It is level front and back. I measured all 4 wheel wells and both wheel wells on the left sit 1" lower.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Actually it is normal...think about it, fuel tank, def tank etc on drivers side so it's gonna lean a little that way. Even stock trucks suffer this fate. If it bothers you ford sells a shim/spacer that you can install to correct the drivers side squat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-11-2014, 06:07 AM

I have witnessed this myself before with aftermarket lifts! But it was on the pass side. As far as ford having a spacer, I dont know. I did get said coil replaced under warrenty. Even if it was cause of gas tank,def....it wouldn't be up front, all that is damn near over rear tire. Op u might just have a freak of coil spring. I dont know what else it could be, I'd say that it has nothing to do with lift. Also as far as the "pull"....what tires ya got? Toyo mt pull right.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayz View Post
I have witnessed this myself before with aftermarket lifts! But it was on the pass side. As far as ford having a spacer, I dont know. I did get said coil replaced under warrenty. Even if it was cause of gas tank,def....it wouldn't be up front, all that is damn near over rear tire. Op u might just have a freak of coil spring. I dont know what else it could be, I'd say that it has nothing to do with lift. Also as far as the "pull"....what tires ya got? Toyo mt pull right.
You're wrong...it affects the front as well as the rear. Go put a tape on a stock truck and you will see.
Carli front lift coils are taller on the driver side to accommodate for this as it is a known occurrence on these trucks.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpilot View Post
You're wrong...it affects the front as well as the rear. Go put a tape on a stock truck and you will see.
Carli front lift coils are taller on the driver side to accommodate for this as it is a known occurrence on these trucks.

I have put a tape to these trucks more then once (every corner before I lift them)...new n old and NEVER found this a problem other then what I stated!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Go measure brand new Super Duties on the lot, you'll find they all sit .5"-.75" down on the driver's side. That's will very little fuel as dealerships don't keep tanks full.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:23 AM

I did on my 14, it was only about 1/8th off...from lot to home before I lifted it. I've never noticed it on any of my trucks or others I've lifted. I know you guys have seen WAY more then me though lol
Old 03-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I will confirm. My stock 2013 Lariat CC/SB with plow prep package sits about .75" lower on the front drivers side vs. passenger. The rear driver and passenger sides are exactly the same (and match the front drivers side).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.