08-10's with 4.5" lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 06:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
08-10's with 4.5" lift

Hey guys I'm startin to save up my funds for a lift and want to go 4.5". I haven't decided who to go with but I've read all over so I really don't want this to turn into another Carli, icon, and pure perf debate. My question for you guys with 4.5" lifts how is it workin out of the truck? If it's a pain then I'll go down to 2.5" but I was kinda wantin to run 37's this time round. I know it can be done on a leveling kit but it would rub all over the place for me because my truck gets a little twisted up sometimes. I can handle a slight rub on the radius arm, just don't want it gettin into the fenders

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 08:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06psd6.0 View Post
Hey guys I'm startin to save up my funds for a lift and want to go 4.5". I haven't decided who to go with but I've read all over so I really don't want this to turn into another Carli, icon, and pure perf debate. My question for you guys with 4.5" lifts how is it workin out of the truck? If it's a pain then I'll go down to 2.5" but I was kinda wantin to run 37's this time round. I know it can be done on a leveling kit but it would rub all over the place for me because my truck gets a little twisted up sometimes. I can handle a slight rub on the radius arm, just don't want it gettin into the fenders

Here's my old 08 with a Pure Performance 4.5" Triple Threat kit on it. I ran 9" wide wheels with a 5" bs and it cleared 37's just fine. I had to pull the inner fender liners back with a few zip ties but that is about it.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:26 AM

How was it doin any kind of work out of? I tend to be in and out of the truck frequently. Sorry for the confusion that's really what my question is. I get alittle carried in the wrong direction sometimes. I'm mainly curious if it's gonna cause problems or be a pita to work out of a truck that high up

Old 03-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
How was it doin any kind of work out of? I tend to be in and out of the truck frequently. Sorry for the confusion that's really what my question is. I get alittle carried in the wrong direction sometimes. I'm mainly curious if it's gonna cause problems or be a pita to work out of a truck that high up

Well I'm 6'3 and I had a nice set of steps so getting in and out of the truck wasn't that bad. My 5'6 wife drove the truck for a few months and didn't complain but she's used to lifted vehicles. She drives Jeep JK with 4" of lift on 37's with no steps.

If I was working contruction and getting stuff out of the bed all day it would probably get annoying but in reality my 08 was only 4" taller in the rear than a stock F350 on stock tires. I had that tailgate step that made getting up there easier but the bump on the inside of the tailgate made it harder to slide things in and out of the bed.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:54 AM

Well I guess I'm gonna keep searchin and rackin my brain lol. I'm 6'2 so not really any shorter than you but when I'm out at a job site or on my farm I'm in and out of the truck quite a bit. I found a size that I think would be a happy medium for me. 315/70/18. Do you think that would fit a 2.5" suspension with the right wheel?

Oh, and that was a good lookin truck btw:thumbup:

Old 03-03-2014, 10:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Well I guess I'm gonna keep searchin and rackin my brain lol. I'm 6'2 so not really any shorter than you but when I'm out at a job site or on my farm I'm in and out of the truck quite a bit. I found a size that I think would be a happy medium for me. 315/70/18. Do you think that would fit a 2.5" suspension with the right wheel?

Oh, and that was a good lookin truck btw:thumbup:

Those should work fine. I'm actually trying to track down a set of those to run on my truck with a 2.5" lift.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:59 AM

That's the size I'm running. I got a set from one of the local-ish tire chains for 350/piece.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyd Ram View Post
Those should work fine. I'm actually trying to track down a set of those to run on my truck with a 2.5" lift.
I'd like to see some pictures when you find a set. Also, what would you recommend for a good offset? On a 2.5" could I go with a 0mm offset or do I need to stay on the positive side. I can handle a little trimming on the fender liner but I don't want it grabbin every time I turn in or get the truck a bit twisted up.

5-0, do you have any pictures of yours?
Old 03-04-2014, 05:29 AM

Here's a couple. These wheels are +18 offset. So far the only rubbing I've noticed is very light on the driver side radius arm. Everything else is good.

The Following User Says Thank You to 5-0stank For This Useful Post:
06psd6.0 (03-04-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 09:22 AM

That's a sweet lookin set up. I found your thread on it. How do you like the pure set up and which shocks did you go with? I'm torn between 2.5" and 4" lift right now. No clue what I'm gonna do

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.