2012 F-350 SRW Lift Wheels and Tires - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2012 F-350 SRW Lift Wheels and Tires

Lift: I need someone to convince me that Carli is what I want?
Wheels: American Force Super Singles 22" 10 Lug?
Tires: Don't know! I want to keep a load range E tire for towing.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 F-350 SRW Lift Wheels and Tires-photo-2.jpg   2012 F-350 SRW Lift Wheels and Tires-photo.jpg   2012 F-350 SRW Lift Wheels and Tires-photo-3.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm awfully good at convincing people Carli is what they want! What is it you're doing with the truck so i can point you in the right direction pertaining to budget and which kit it is for which you're looking? Are you after a 2.5" or 4.5"?

Lastly, steer clear of those wheels. I would recommend no larger than an 18" diameter wheel because anything larger will be a significant reduction in ride quality. ie, the Carli kit will be two steps forward with the wheels being one step back.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am not going off road on purpose the truck is vanity for me. I will be pulling my off-road vehicles. My concern is having a level ride with the replacement bumper and the 20,000lbs winch. As you probably know that the truck comes with 20" rims. I have had thoughts of removing them and sending them off to get widened also. I honestly don't want to go larger than a 35" tire, but it must keep the tow capacity. I would like to have a plush ride (full springs).
Old 02-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry.Staniford View Post
I am not going off road on purpose the truck is vanity for me. I will be pulling my off-road vehicles. My concern is having a level ride with the replacement bumper and the 20,000lbs winch. As you probably know that the truck comes with 20" rims. I have had thoughts of removing them and sending them off to get widened also. I honestly don't want to go larger than a 35" tire, but it must keep the tow capacity. I would like to have a plush ride (full springs).
I just had a local guy with a Carli Pintop 2.5 with full leafs borrow my 35's on 18's so he could feel the difference between his factory 20's and 34's. The ride difference was so great that he bought them from me on the spot.

Now I have to get new wheels and tires for my truck.

Anyhow,
If you are dead set on running 22's and spending the coin on a high end kit like that just realize that in the end your truck may ride the same or worse than stock.
Kerry.Staniford likes this.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Off-Road is way easier to tune for. Most customers complain about the lack of compliance on small, on-road obstacles. If you're going to throw on a large bumper and 20K steel cabled winch, grab a coilover kit as that will allow for height adjust-ability after the bumper is installed. Just because it comes from the factory with 20" wheels doesn't make that the best choice, you're still sacrificing ride quality. I would run an 18 if you're going to go with 35" tires, that's the only thing that will assist with small bump compliance when paired with our systems. As for maintaining load capacity, no problem. Grab a set of full leaf springs and add our long travel airbags and you'll get both the best possible ride and maintain the ability to haul nearly anything.
Kerry.Staniford likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to OCVeloMan For This Useful Post:
Kerry.Staniford (02-25-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 04:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Good Morning-
The Bumper and 20K winch is already mounted. What height is the system you are recommending. What is the cost im looking at? What about the raduis arms and the radius arm drop bracket. Are there tires and wheels you would recommend? 18" of course.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How does the pintop setup favor the heavy bumper and wich I have installed?
Old 02-25-2014, 06:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Sir

Carli does make some great products. If you have any questions on our Pure Performance products for your vehicle let us know. We can valve our Prodigy shocks to roll with your wheel selection so the ride difference is not as great. Obviously, off-road performance would suffer, but in your case, it sounds like it does not matter at all.

JP
Old 02-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Good Morning-
The Bumper and 20K winch is already mounted. What height is the system you are recommending. What is the cost im looking at? What about the raduis arms and the radius arm drop bracket. Are there tires and wheels you would recommend? 18" of course.

How does the pintop setup favor the heavy bumper and wich I have installed?
The system i am recommending is a 4.5" coilover system. The weight of the bumper and winch will likely cause the front end to sag on a standard coil spring setup (given the additional weight added to the front) but the coilover can be preloaded to bring the front end back up to 4.5" of lift with the weight of the bumper.

The System itself is $5,175.00 and that includes the radius arm drop brackets. The addition of the fabricated radius arms is $1,360.00 to pair with the drop brackets and the last popular upgrade is a set of full progressive leafs for the rear rather than the add-a-packs coming in at $445 to upgrade. All this ships for free if purchased through George @ 8 Lug Truck Gear and the aforementioned is representative of our current pricing on the date posted.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have been looking at the performance system. I know I may have some sag in the front but the full sping packs will settle from what i have been reading and make things semi level. I have given serious thought to the perfomance system and adding the full spring pack with the back up air bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.