New 6.7 owner here, suspension question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 08:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New 6.7 owner here, suspension question

I just picked up my brand new 2014 CCSB 6.7 4X4 and I HATE that the front end sags a little lower than the back. Can I just add one of these.........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F250-F3...b87b00&vxp=mtr

And do nothing to the back and be able to run 35's on stock wheel? Thanks for the info and glad to be here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Talk to the guys at Carli they will Level with you
Old 02-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Vintage Nakamichi Powered

You want to get thicker rubber spring mounts where the coils hit the frame. Forget who makes them but they are available in different heights. That is how you want to do a inch or so increase. Real easy just make sure you don't max out the shocks. If they are topped out they will let you know. Lol
Old 02-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes, you can use those. 2.5" is a little much, IMO for a spacer like that, but they'll work. For anything over 1.5", I'd personally look at either a replacement spring, or an over-the-top spacer like the folks above are talking about. If you decide to use a lower spacer like the Ebay one you linked to, I'd spend a few more bucks and get the ones from Precision Metal Fabrication. It's definitely a superior product.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugster2 View Post
I just picked up my brand new 2014 CCSB 6.7 4X4 and I HATE that the front end sags a little lower than the back. Can I just add one of these.........

Ford F250 F350 Super Duty 2 5" 4WD Front Leveling Lift Kit 2005 2014 Made in USA | eBay

And do nothing to the back and be able to run 35's on stock wheel? Thanks for the info and glad to be here!
The only proper way to do a leveling kit is to address the coils, shocks, brake lines, track bar and caster angles. We have kits that address all of the aforementioned to ensure your $60,000 truck doesn't suffer in handling, geometry or ride quality after the installation of a cheaper leveling kit. If you'd like more info, go ahead and post up in here or pm me. Good luck with your build!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugster2 View Post

Ford F250 F350 Super Duty 2 5" 4WD Front Leveling Lift Kit 2005 2014 Made in USA | eBay

You didn't mention whether your truck was a an F250 or F350.

Generally anything over 1" of lift up front will require longer shocks and a new track bar at the bare minimum to do it "right:.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sorry, it's a 250 and I'll send the PM's. Thanks for the info everyone!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Vintage Nakamichi Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyd Ram View Post
You didn't mention whether your truck was a an F250 or F350.

Generally anything over 1" of lift up front will require longer shocks and a new track bar at the bare minimum to do it "right:.
Come on 1" that's bull---- that truck won't even know anything happened!!!!
You can most certainly go up one inch but watch the shocks because you want a few additional inches for rebounding.
I am in no way buying you need to get your checkbook out to buy his parts for a 1" lift.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatlen View Post
Come on 1" that's bull---- that truck won't even know anything happened!!!!
You can most certainly go up one inch but watch the shocks because you want a few additional inches for rebounding.
I am in no way buying you need to get your checkbook out to buy his parts for a 1" lift.
It's not a cognitive thought process of your truck understanding the modification or not, it's a pairing or proper shocks and springs based on travel specifications. George is right and, as a retailer, it's his job to make a recommendation that he can stand behind should the customer have an issue. The front end of the trucks are starved for travel in the factory configuration; anyone with one knows that. Adding even a one inch spacer will have an effect on driveability (ie: now topping out over speed bumps) given the lack of travel and already light caster specs in these rigs.

He's not saying to go overboard, but shocks should be addressed with any lift height given the severely limited travel of these front ends.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

1" needing all that ABSOLUTELY IS total BS!! Sometimes I wonder if any of the "parts pimps" have ever even been under one of these trucks?? Having actually measured and tested the range of motion on my personal truck (2014 F250) I can say with complete certainty, backed up my measurements and analytic data, that anything up to and including a 2" lift (either spring or spacer) is well within the travel tolerances of the factory shocks, brake lines, hub lines and track bar.

The idea that some poor guy needs to spend $1500 to level his truck is ridiculous! I see people (here and other places) with a ton of money spent on springs and shocks that are completely unnecessary at the heights being discussed here.

Maybe one of the parts-pimp/suspension-gurus can explain to all of us the geometry difference between a 2.5" spacer lift and a 2.5" spring lift in a radius arm suspension?? What exactly is the difference?? Then maybe one of you can explain how it is that when one of these "$60k trucks that's going to get screwed up" shows up from the factory with the front end offset 5/8" on the stock, non-adjustable track bar, that somehow the earth is going to stop rotating when someone lifts a truck 2.5" and the front end is now only out 3/8"??? (measurements from my truck). Finally, maybe one of you can explain how when the factory shocks have an additional 1/8" of travel AFTER the coil spring is completely unloaded, with a 2" spacer, that somehow a longer shock is necessary?? Are we racing the Baja 1000 now? Planning on jumping your truck much?

I'm sorry to come off a little harsh, but the "shut up and take my money" mentality that seems to be everywhere nowadays, perpetuated by the people that profit from it really pisses me off. People: take your own damn measurements and see what you can and can't do! There's no magic to a solid front axle/coil sprung suspension. I beat the CRAP out of my truck on unimproved farm roads every day (out of necessity) and a 2" spacer lift works flawlessly. I am in the process of upgrading shocks (due to the "rancho" pieces being toasted after only 8k miles) and I *might* put an adjustable track bar on the truck, just because I have a roadracing background and get a little anal about stuff like that. However, for the VAST majority of people, that aren't in a similar line of work and whose most daunting obstacle is likely the speed bumps at the mall, or the dirt parking lot at the dirtbike riding spot, much of the lauded and pimped suspension components, with all their shiny powdercoating and fancy names (not to mention pricetags) are simply unnecessary.
jayz likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.