Thoughts about a 6" lift from Zone Offroad - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dave

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 02:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thoughts about a 6" lift from Zone Offroad

I want to lift my 2013 F350 and came across a 6 inch lift from Zone Off-road. Does anyone have this lift on their truck and what do you think about it. Or if you have any suggestions for a 6 inch lift that you would recommend.

Kirby4143
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2014, 04:13 PM

I considered a 4" when I first bought my truck but decided not to cheap out so much and went with the pure performance. Would still like to hear opinions.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a zone 6" lift. I think it is a good kit. The hardware all seems great. The truck rides and drives straight and doesn't do anything funny. I feel the shocks and springs are are less than stellar. All 4 of my shocks have leaked out and I could compress them by hand. The springs in the front are ok. The add a leafs in the rear are really stiff.

If you wan't to go 6" lift, I'd check out Pure Performance. I'm in the decision making process of swapping out my springs and shocks with Pure stuff, or going down to a 4" pure lift or 4.5 carli lift, or even a carli commuter. I feel 4" lift looks perfect on these trucks and is a little more utilitarian than the 6" height.

*sigh* decisions, decisions...
Old 02-18-2014, 11:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you for the feedback. I went to the pure performance website and didn't see a lift for my year and model truck but they look nice. I also went to the Carli website and checked there stuff out. Carli is really nice but a little outside my price range. Do you guys have any feedback on other lifts?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-18-2014, 11:43 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Zone makes decent stuff. Its BDS Suspensions budget line

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
huck2080 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave For This Useful Post:
paulw350 (02-25-2014)
Old 02-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Check out the BDS stuff too

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-19-2014, 12:08 AM

I have a 2013. I went with pure performances triple threat 4". I love it. It's a great riding kit with excellent components. I only recommend pure and carli. Carli is a west coast brand that does extensive off road testing in the desert and pure is east coast. The mini pack in the rear is significantly better than a big block but a full replacement leaf is the best. I went the mini route and am glad I did.

There are some great site sponsors that sell pure and you can always contact them directly if you have any questions.

I did a review of my lift and have some pics up here.

Brett
Old 02-19-2014, 04:52 AM

Carli, Pure Performance, and Icon. These would be my top choices. BDS if I was on a budget, not Zone
Old 03-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If you are still shopping around for lifts, I have the Zone 6" lift but not their shocks. I used Skyjackers nitro filled shocks and like them so far. For a budget lift I wouldn't hesitate to use their kit. Seems to be good quality and sturdy built stuff, truck rides and drives good as well.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:57 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scummins View Post
I have a zone 6" lift. I think it is a good kit. The hardware all seems great. The truck rides and drives straight and doesn't do anything funny. I feel the shocks and springs are are less than stellar. All 4 of my shocks have leaked out and I could compress them by hand. The springs in the front are ok. The add a leafs in the rear are really stiff.

If you wan't to go 6" lift, I'd check out Pure Performance. I'm in the decision making process of swapping out my springs and shocks with Pure stuff, or going down to a 4" pure lift or 4.5 carli lift, or even a carli commuter. I feel 4" lift looks perfect on these trucks and is a little more utilitarian than the 6" height.

*sigh* decisions, decisions...
how is it "more Utilitarian "? I think 6" on 37s is probably the most Utilitarian setup out there by the definition of combination work-truck play-truck.

Last edited by jetjock15; 03-07-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.