Any body running the 4-6 inch Kelderman lift? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any body running the 4-6 inch Kelderman lift?

Awhile back I asked if anybody had seen an air bag lift that could basically tuck a 37 or 38 . When straight then raise up to be able to drive. Well I just noticed the 4-6 inch kelderman lift when all the way down is only a 1 inch lift and raises up to about 10 inches. That's exactly what I want.

I know there are mixed reviews about kelderman, and they're pricey, but it would be cool.

So is anyone running that kit, or the bigger version on a new body style 250?

Last edited by DillonC; 02-18-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2014, 02:45 PM

You have probably already read what I have said about air bag kits for the front. I know guys that have taken them off, they could never really get them to drive right. Lots of bumpsteer. Think about the steering with front air bags, you lower or lift it the steering wheel is going to rotate... It is one of those things that is cool for a show, but in real life it is going to be a PITA. If you drive your truck all the time I would skip it. Do a bad *** coilover setup with bypasses, and bag the rear. Skip bagging the front.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layson View Post
You have probably already read what I have said about air bag kits for the front. I know guys that have taken them off, they could never really get them to drive right. Lots of bumpsteer. Think about the steering with front air bags, you lower or lift it the steering wheel is going to rotate... It is one of those things that is cool for a show, but in real life it is going to be a PITA. If you drive your truck all the time I would skip it. Do a bad *** coilover setup with bypasses, and bag the rear. Skip bagging the front.
Yeah I could see how that would be a pain. I wonder if the controls have like presets for different heights so you could get the wheel straight at the height that I would mostly run. My truck is my dd, but I only put about 10k miles a year on it.

I was looking into different coilover options but just the cool factor of being able to go down to a 1 inch lifted height caught my attention.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-18-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillonC View Post
Yeah I could see how that would be a pain. I wonder if the controls have like presets for different heights so you could get the wheel straight at the height that I would mostly run. My truck is my dd, but I only put about 10k miles a year on it.

I was looking into different coilover options but just the cool factor of being able to go down to a 1 inch lifted height caught my attention.

Yes they actually do have preset lift heights. It isn't something you can do while driving around. All the steering geometry would be setup for one lift height.

What scared me the most is what happens if you have a failed bag up front while driving down the freeway. There are some lawsuits out there over kits like this.

I also am not a huge fan of the joints the setup uses. I see those type of joints on farm equipment and they don't look like they would pivot well like a 4-link is designed to do.

What lift height are you looking for?
Old 02-18-2014, 05:43 PM

Yeah it would suck to have a bag blow on you. I've just got a 4.5 inch on it now with 37s. They're pretty close to rubbing so I would just go up to about a 6 inch. If I ever did the air ride I would probably ride at about 6 or 7 inches

Old 02-18-2014, 06:10 PM

Here is my 2 cents on air ride as a dd. This takes me back to my mini truckin days. It's fun for awhile. But eventually becomes a pita. Air lines start to leak. Or a compressor decides to give up while your an hour from home. It is not fun! It's just more stuff to maintain. The idea of it is cool but to solely rely on it 100% isn't for me. But if you do decide to do it I would run hard lines as much as possible!

Old 02-18-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downfour View Post
Here is my 2 cents on air ride as a dd. This takes me back to my mini truckin days. It's fun for awhile. But eventually becomes a pita. Air lines start to leak. Or a compressor decides to give up while your an hour from home. It is not fun! It's just more stuff to maintain. The idea of it is cool but to solely rely on it 100% isn't for me. But if you do decide to do it I would run hard lines as much as possible!

Yeah I get that. My air horns on my last truck never worked right after about a year because of the lines leaking and busting. I figured surely they used better material though for how much they are

Old 02-18-2014, 06:39 PM

Something interesting to think about. Would there be anything wrong with just getting front air bag mounts and putting a set in my truck in place of the coil springs? Doesn't seem hard to do if I can buy just the buckets to mount them. And if I got tired of it I could just put a spring back in.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:38 AM

Yeah in the end I think I'll just get a good 8 inch kit. I just got a ballpark quote back from kelderman...... about 15k installed not including shipping.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Back in 09 i drove a 2008 f250 that had the 10 inch kelderman lift on it. I honestly thought it rode really smooth, but not something I would ever pay 15 grand for. Truck only had like 20,000 miles on it and the dealer wanted 39k, problem was it wasnt a diesel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.