Does anyone manufacture HD rear lift springs? Rear block delete... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ZMANN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 11:48 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does anyone manufacture HD rear lift springs? Rear block delete...

I have the Bilstein BDS leveling kit up front and F350 blocks in the back. My OEM leafs are warped from some heavy loads over the years. I found some new replacement leafs for about $400 shipped. I was curious if anyone knows of a manufacturer that make lift springs that are capable of handling fairly heavy towing if needed. Fully loaded, maybe 12K on limited occasions. I see some folks use the ProComp 22415 springs that are 4-5" lift springs but they only have 5 leafs.

Is there anything out there thats a bit more stout? I would like to eliminate the 4" block completely if possible.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 04:59 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Deaver should be able to take care of you.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:11 PM

Thanks, I really was just looking to see there was anything mass produced that would fit the bill. The stock set up is fine for what I use it for, I was just thinking I would look into it since I need to replace the springs.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:04 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
For the cost they may be out of reach but they are made for what you want to do. I'd give them a call. Be ready for the sticker shock.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

if your wrecking springs due to towing you may want to consider traction bars or some type of axle wrap control

Deavers are nice but they just use more thin leafs I am sure you could mess them up just like the factory springs

i use lift springs, traction bars , air bags and a sway bar on mine for towing
Old 02-17-2014, 07:57 AM

Sorry, forgot to mention that the springs are warped from the previous owner. The most I will tow is maybe 10-12k a handful of times a year. Other than that, I'll be towing the UTV and utility trailer the rest of the time with regular truck duties.

For the 2006 model year, Ford's OEM base F250 springs was a 4 leaf pack and there was an optional HD 6 leaf option (Same as the F350). I have the upgraded HD 6 leaf springs.

I see the ProComp 22415 is a 5" lift spring that has 5 leafs and says they are rated at 375 lbs./in??? The OEM type replacement springs are showing a 4,400 spring capacity.

I wonder if the procomps could handle the task? I might be able to add a single OEM style overload on top of them for the heavy loads.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

06 250 spring was 4 plus 1 bottom flat spring that is supposed to fight spring wrap
and give the spring a overload basically as the arch goes out of the spring under weight it lays down onto the thick flat spring

here is one
HeavyAssault likes this.

Last edited by ZMANN; 09-19-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:27 PM
Premium Member

On those Pro Comp springs, make sure it specifies what (if any) blocks are to be used. I have their 22061 6" springs and found out that they're only a 4 inch spring. They are used in the 6 inch lift, but require your factory block. Otherwise, they are matched up with 4" front springs.

Also, I'd recommend air bags like on the picture.

Karl and his 2003 Souper Doody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.