Pure Performance 6" lift ride comparisons ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Vintage Nakamichi Powered

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pure Performance 6" lift ride comparisons ?

Does anyone here on the forum have a Pure Performance lift on your truck ?
Looking for advice recommendations or opinions about their suspension line.

I currently have I-Con 7" progressive coils along with Fabtech radius arms. The ride is good but not perfect and the Pure Performance line may be a step up from what I have now.

Thought I would start a new thread for their lifts to get some opinions on their suspension lift kits and accessories.

I have some questions:

(1) Myself I would like to stay around 7"of lift, being they offer a 6" coil is there a spring rubber or spacer for the front coils that will give another 1" of lift ?

(2) The angle of their adjustable track bar will it match the the drag link angle for a 7" lift factoring in my drop down bracket that is now at 7" ?

Any input is appreciated on their product line.
Thanks, Mark ......

Last edited by mhatlen; 01-31-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2014, 05:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

In some other thread Pure posted a height and someone posted the same from an Icon here recently and it was pretty dang close. I think your height would be fine, but if you had to PMF, Icon and some other places offer a 1'' spacer that will mount under the coil.

As far as the ride quality, I would doubt that the pure is going to be better than the Icon. They're both progressive rated and both companies have a great rep for ride quality. I would suggest you take a look at your shocks or that radius arm you've got.

A nice Icon shock would be my first try, given that they've valved their shock for that coil. I had the same desires with my 08 with a 7'' icon coil and ended up with Icon's bypass shock, and it made a HUGE difference.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:23 AM

I think you would be wasting your time changing out springs. You already have a quality spring, now you just need to complement it with a good shock.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleE44 View Post
In some other thread Pure posted a height and someone posted the same from an Icon here recently and it was pretty dang close. I think your height would be fine, but if you had to PMF, Icon and some other places offer a 1'' spacer that will mount under the coil.

As far as the ride quality, I would doubt that the pure is going to be better than the Icon. They're both progressive rated and both companies have a great rep for ride quality. I would suggest you take a look at your shocks or that radius arm you've got.

A nice Icon shock would be my first try, given that they've valved their shock for that coil. I had the same desires with my 08 with a 7'' icon coil and ended up with Icon's bypass shock, and it made a HUGE difference.
Are these Icon bypass shocks adjustable ?
Old 01-31-2014, 03:21 PM

Yes they are adjustable
Old 01-31-2014, 06:01 PM

I have a 4" triple threat and the ride is great! They also address the rear with something other than blocks if you would like and it makes a big difference

Brett
Old 02-01-2014, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layson View Post
Yes they are adjustable
I will look into those, I see MKM has them in stock and they are 40 minutes away.
As far as my rear spring pack that is as smooth enough for me. It's the front springs that when I hit some hard bumps it hits pretty hard. Mild road dips are fine but when it compresses very much it gets into the other spring rate I am guessing and it's harsh.
Spouse I could turn shocks down to zero and see if it is the shocks firming up. ?

Will look at the Icon shocks tho
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
drag links, pure performance, ride comfort, steering parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.