Lift Kit question (05 Harley CCSB) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 08:44 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lift Kit question (05 Harley CCSB)

Did plenty of searches and I think my question is a little bit different.
I have a 2005 Harley F350 CCSB PSD and the truck is basically stock. What I am looking to do is raise my truck up some while keeping the cost down. I plow with this truck ( My previous truck which I plowed with had a 6" lift so I am not worried about going up and plowing but don't need to go that high)
In the summer I plan to run some 22x11 wheels and want to have a descent tire that doesn't look like a rubber band!
So my question is what is the best route to go for the cheapest money while not totally KILLING ride quality and my wallet?
Believe me I understand im not spending 3k on a really nice suspension setup to ride perfect, that's not what I am trying to accomplish.

I was thinking maybe a 4" lift kit? I have seen some for around 1k and under.
Is there a leveling kit that will bring the front up maybe 3.5 and the rear 2.5 or something? Like I said my previous truck had a 6" which was already done when I got it so I am not firmiliar with the capabilities of a leveling kit vs lift kit other then it seems leveling is just the front of the truck....

Can anyone recommend a complete kit that will raise my truck between 3-4" that is not super expensive and has a descent ride?

Thanks in advance guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2014, 03:31 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Baller on a budget...nice. Get away from the 22" wheels for one. Any wheel under 20" would work fine. What's super expensive?? I'd spend $2k for a kit (new, retail) if it were my ride.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
you could go with like a 4" procomp kit. its prob going to be your best option... a leveling kit only raises the front not the rear
Old 01-29-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
you could go with like a 4" procomp kit. its prob going to be your best option... a leveling kit only raises the front not the rear
Ive seen many leveling kits with the rear lifted also, with blocks....
Old 01-30-2014, 04:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Blocks and coil spacer get you baller on a budget, 35s on 22s look rad, I don't know about 33s.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMike View Post
Did plenty of searches and I think my question is a little bit different.
I have a 2005 Harley F350 CCSB PSD and the truck is basically stock. What I am looking to do is raise my truck up some while keeping the cost down. I plow with this truck ( My previous truck which I plowed with had a 6" lift so I am not worried about going up and plowing but don't need to go that high)
In the summer I plan to run some 22x11 wheels and want to have a descent tire that doesn't look like a rubber band!
So my question is what is the best route to go for the cheapest money while not totally KILLING ride quality and my wallet?
Believe me I understand im not spending 3k on a really nice suspension setup to ride perfect, that's not what I am trying to accomplish.

I was thinking maybe a 4" lift kit? I have seen some for around 1k and under.
Is there a leveling kit that will bring the front up maybe 3.5 and the rear 2.5 or something? Like I said my previous truck had a 6" which was already done when I got it so I am not firmiliar with the capabilities of a leveling kit vs lift kit other then it seems leveling is just the front of the truck....

Can anyone recommend a complete kit that will raise my truck between 3-4" that is not super expensive and has a descent ride?

Thanks in advance guys
That will depend on what you mean by decent ride. Ride better than stock or just as good as stock? You are already going to take hit in the ride dept with those wheels. Assuming that you want to stick around 4" of lift you will probably have to stick with a 33-34" tire on those wheels. That leaves you with very short and very stiff sidewalls.

You can get into a high quality kit like the Pure Performance 4" X-Factor and a set of Bilsteins for around $1500.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.