Rough country and PMF - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 10:39 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rough country and PMF

A few months ago I installed the 4.5" RC suspension lift to my 2014 F250 6.7 SCSB which requires adding their 4" rear block to the factory 2" which still left the rear end without any rake, plus I could feel rear end flex under normal acceleration, so I contacted Trevor at PMF and ordered up his 7" floating traction block kit with traction bars and 3/4 top mounted U bolts.. They do nice work although we had to do some thread chasing on a bunch of 3/4/16 female hiem joint threads that his guys missed I guess, but overall, they do very nice work.. $40 for a tap I'll never use again kinda sucks..

The truck has a far nicer stance since the 7" blocks but it rides like a Major lumber wagon since adding them as we took it for a 5hr ride yesterday.. I didn't have time to install the traction bars and the loss of ride is just from adding the 1" taller blocks.. tires are down to 45lbs which rode pretty nice..

Could it possibly be the RC shocks are over extended or what could be causing it ??

thanks in advance

Last edited by gearjunkie; 01-22-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2014, 11:56 AM

Also finding the truck wanders all over the road, and been told it could be from control arm drop brackets flexing or not enough caster..

any suggestions to correct this annoyance
Old 01-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I doubt adding the 1" of block would over extend the shock... I have read TONS of post where folks weren't happy with RC shocks but I have no personal experience with them.

As for the front, with 4.5" lift, folks do recommend the dual steering stab, caster kit and adjustable track bar.

Again, just from my research. Good luck!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:13 PM

I have the same kit on my truck and it drives just like stock. You are correct the rear block is an addition, I thought of going to the 5in block instead to give a more level stance. Yours looks high for sure, I like the rear up like that.

Last edited by SWIFT; 01-22-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:15 PM

Oh, mine does have the dual steering stabilizers. Tracks straight and doesnt wander at all, at least not with the stock tires.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxOutlaw View Post
I doubt adding the 1" of block would over extend the shock... I have read TONS of post where folks weren't happy with RC shocks but I have no personal experience with them.

As for the front, with 4.5" lift, folks do recommend the dual steering stab, caster kit and adjustable track bar.

Again, just from my research. Good luck!!!
Thanks Outlaw, I felt the RC shocks rode decent until this extra 1" of block and I called RC and they informed me they use the same shocks for both the 4.5 and 6" kits, so im back to square one..

I actually do have the dual steering stabilizer kits I installed when the lift went in, plus I do have Trevors adjustable track bar here waiting for it to go in, but I've not looked into the caster kit, nor did I hear of it prior to doing the lift, but will check them out.. Any one better than the next ??
Old 01-22-2014, 02:04 PM

I have a 08 that I just put a 4.5 RC on. My block where a little different, factory and then 2 5/8 or so RC block. Left the rear down about 1.25 or so. I bought some 4" rear tapered blocks and it leveled it out. Which is what I was after.

Mine can wander too. I run 35-12.5-20's, though. My pitman nut came loose twice. That gave an interesting feeling. Was tight by a quick check but when I turned the wheel and had someone check, it was loose. Still wanders a bit.

IMO, I think the RC shocks are just to get by.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWIFT View Post
I have the same kit on my truck and it drives just like stock. You are correct the rear block is an addition, I thought of going to the 5in block instead to give a more level stance. Yours looks high for sure, I like the rear up like that.
I agree Swift, it Rode, past tense like stock and that's the part that's got me scratchin my melon, when we only lifted the rear that extra inch and now its terrible, its like riding with an extra leaf its so stiff..

RC, to save money and recommends "stacking" the factory 2" rear block with their 4" in the kit, but sometimes it looks like it's level and the next time you look at it, the rears low, but mine sat just as yours does

The next block up RC has is an 8" which would be too high, and why they don't offer the customer the option for stance is beyond me, but they should have a 6" and a 7" block to give a touch of rake not Stacking blocks !!.. ....then fight with them to get your $60,000 truck sitting right..

Last edited by gearjunkie; 01-22-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWIFT View Post
Oh, mine does have the dual steering stabilizers. Tracks straight and doesnt wander at all, at least not with the stock tires.
The front end of mine after installing RC is well over an inch, maybe closer to 2" out from tracking true, and looks terrible when looking at the front end
Old 01-22-2014, 02:13 PM

I didn't have any success with RC customer service. After two weeks he offered some 7" blocks. Then the guy wanted me to call him and discuss. I had already bought the taller blocks.

I just thought it was weird to buy a 4.5 lift and include less than 3" rear blocks. The front certainly went up a full 4.5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.