Is there a lift on my f250? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 08:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is there a lift on my f250?

I've just bought a 2005 f250 but I'm in Ireland so there are probably less than 5 in the country and no mechanics have any experience with them. It has red "Rancho" shocks front and back, is that just a shock replacement or a lift? I want to get new wheels, I was thinking nitto 35" mud grabbers on 18" rims, any advice on how I can measure the space to see it they will fit without modifications? I'll have to buy them in the US and ship them to Ireland so i can try them before I buy...
Attached Thumbnails
Is there a lift on my f250?-photo-71-.jpg   Is there a lift on my f250?-photo-72-.jpg  

Last edited by mickk; 01-18-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2014, 08:17 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Rancho shocks were part of the FX4 package
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave For This Useful Post:
mickk (01-18-2014)
Old 01-18-2014, 08:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome to the site!

Looks like the stock 'Rancho' Motorcraft shocks that come on FX4 package. They are junk.

Your truck looks stock ride height to me. Take pics of the coils up front and the blocks in the rear and we can tell ya better.

As for M/T Tires, look at Toyo M/T, they seem to be favored over the Nitto. I really like mine! You will want to put leveling kit or leveling coils and new shocks (Rancho 7000, 9000 or Bilstein shocks on a budget) for the 35" and after market 18's. Members say 17" rims and 35" tires will give you the best ride.

Best of luck!

Good looking truck, BTW!
The Following User Says Thank You to TxOutlaw For This Useful Post:
mickk (01-18-2014)
Old 01-18-2014, 02:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the reply, I have checked and it turns out that even though my truck wasn't registered till 2005 I have a 2004 truck with leaf springs on the front and back. I've seen some leveling blocks but reviews have said dont use blocks with front springs so I'm looking at getting Procomp 22210 leaf springs. I just want to check a few things, do I just need the springs (http://www.summitracing.com/int/part...2210/overview/)
or do I need a full leveling kit (http://www.summitracing.com/int/part...4012/overview/)

Also if I only need the springs, do I need to buy new U bolts?

Thanks,

Mick
Old 01-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you have factory "Rancho" shocks, they aren't really Rancho shocks. They are regular Ford shocks painted with a sticker slapped on them. Considering your truck is an '04, I would go with the entire package becuase the shocks you currently have probably need to be replaced...and it is always a good thing to put new hardware, U-bolts in this case, under the truck when you can. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.