03 f350 6.0 fx4 8 inch front leafs what's needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 07:38 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 f350 6.0 fx4 8 inch front leafs what's needed

About to pull the trigger on 8 inch front leaf springs for my superduty. Old stock ones started sagging after I swapped in a leveling kit. Just wondering what is needed besides the leafs to complete the lift. Also for the rear I can just add another block with new u bolts nothing major needed correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

you would be better off to buy a whole kit , that will have trac bar bracket , pittman arm , ubolts and all fastners .. on a diesel i wouldnt do a block unless it is the one up offroad or pmf that ties into the traction bar ,
Old 01-14-2014, 09:21 AM

So adding another block to the rear is a no no? I don't ever haul with the truck if that matters. I have 2 dirtbikes in there at the most. I can get the 2 front leafs for cheap thats why I was wondering. So for the front I will also need a pitman arm and track bar bracket? Other than that that's it?
Old 01-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

so you are just getting the two front springs ? you would need a tracbar bracket , pitman arm , sway bar drop brackets , shocks and ubolts , and you could do another block in the back if want to .. but its gonna be a big block
how much are you looking at for the two front springs and what brand are they ?
Old 01-14-2014, 03:45 PM
Vintage Nakamichi Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck2080 View Post
so you are just getting the two front springs ? you would need a tracbar bracket , pitman arm , sway bar drop brackets , shocks and ubolts , and you could do another block in the back if want to .. but its gonna be a big block
Huck is right when you raise the truck over 4" all of the geometry gets way off and you have to do what it needs to keep everything straight and the steering turning fully in both directions.
You jack that front end up 8" and your front end (axle) will be hanging out 2" more on the drivers side. lol no kidding.
Not even starting with problems you will see with: shocks track bar mount sway bar vacuum hoses axle vent hose brake lines bla bla bla.
Do some homework first.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
so you are just getting the two front springs ? you would need a tracbar bracket , pitman arm , sway rackets , shocks and ubolts , and you could do another block in the back if want to .. but its gonna be a big block
I see. Yes just the 2 springs. Like i said i can get them for practically nothing, they are made by superlift. What about a 6 inch spring? Would it require the same parts to complete the lift?
Old 01-14-2014, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yeah to do it right anything four inch or more you would need drops , im not sure what you are giving for the springs . but you can get rough country 8 inch all spring for complete kit for 1295.00 from ntw and if you already have the leveling kit on you would need to add that in so 8 would be 10 .. maybe buy the springs and hold onto them til you could get the other parts would need a kit box and rear leaf pack or add a leaf and a block to get it done right
Old 01-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Vintage Nakamichi Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatlen View Post
Huck is right
{ when you raise the truck over 4" all of the geometry gets way off and you have to do what it needs to keep everything straight and the steering turning fully in both directions}.

You jack that front end up 8" and your front end (axle) will be hanging out 2" more on the drivers side. lol no kidding.
Not even starting with problems you will see with: shocks track bar mount sway bar vacuum hoses axle vent hose brake lines bla bla bla.
Do some homework first.
The part where it says anything over 4" requires action so yea it makes a difference.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
yeah to do it right anything four inch or more you would need drops , im not sure what you are giving for the springs . but you can get rough country 8 inch all spring for complete kit for 1295.00 from ntw and if you already have the leveling kit on you would need to add that in so 8 would be 10 .. maybe buy the springs and hold onto them til you could get the other parts would need a kit box and rear leaf pack or add a leaf and a block to get it done right

The 2.5" leveling kit is not going back in on the front. There is a guy selling a whole lift kit locally for 450 including everything, its used for 450$ but it's a10" lift and seems to me like to much of a lift for everyday stuff? What do you guys think?
Old 01-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatlen View Post

Do some homework first.
Leaf spring trucks keep the axle centered better than coil trucks.

That being said, anything over 6 inches, even in a kit is going to have issues. My friend had an 8" kit on his 03 F350 and both the pitman arm and the track bar bracket were the same as mine (4-6" lift stuff).

Besides, unless you're running 38s, 8" is a lot of lift.

Karl and his 2003 Souper Doody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.