PLEASSEEEE.... HELP me identify & fix my air suspension kit! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 07:23 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question PLEASSEEEE.... HELP me identify & fix my air suspension kit!

I just bought this fixer upper 2000 F350 2WD Dually, and I’m running out of money fixing everything so please keep that in mind!

So, while I was repairing the front wheel bearings, the wobbly driveshaft and replacing all the busted shocks I realized the truck came with air bags in the rear axle, I started to look all around when I see a few things wrong:

1. The front right u-bolt is broken
2. The rear right u-bolt is bent on the top
3. The bottom main plate for the rear air bag, right side looks like it bottomed down at some point and hitted the main axle U-bolt see the pics for details. (do you guys think it will be okay to used it? Or should I replace it?)

I bought this truck to tow in the future a gooseneck dual car trailer, so I think these air bags will come handy in the future!

I’ve looked everywhere for the square u-bolts and nothing, all I found was either too long or too narrow…

The bolts are:

0.336in (diameter)
3.16in (width)
4.88in (length)

These are the closest I found and they looked kind of expensive to me, what you guys think?

Square Bend U-Bolts - 5/8" x 3 1/16" x 5 3/8" - 361-448 | $19.95

I know nothing about air suspensions so please look at the pics and if you are familiar with this kit please poor your knowledge here…. The airbags don’t look too bad to me, and they hold air. I manually pumped about 40psi in both sides and held it up just find! Oh the other 2 things that don’t work are the rear pressure gauge… is dead, the needle does not move, and there is a switch that “I think turns on the small compressor under the cab” that does nothing when press ON……

Oh, well learning about air suspension the hard way!

broken bolt, this pic was taken from the front of the rear right side wheels

this is the how the rear part of it looks, notice the bent bolt, this pic was taken from behind the rear right side wheels

LEFT SIDE: plate is not touching the main bolt for the axle....

RIGHT SIDE: Notice where the bolt hit the place and made a mark, the plate is touching at all times now!

AIR BAG:

Is this a compressor????

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2014, 12:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sdleafspring.com
Suspension king.com

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-10-2014, 04:11 AM
Premium Member

TBH any spring shop ( most heavy diesel shops ) can bend you a square ubolt for a couple bucks.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:42 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Holy shoot what kinda loads was the PO hauling with that?? Obviously not loaded real good or going down some bumpy arse roads
Old 01-10-2014, 10:55 AM

thank you guys, I'm pretty sure is an Air Lift system; I just sent and email with the pics since their parts have a lifetime warranty, I'll see how that goes before i move in any direction.

I pumped about 10psi yesterday and I will see if the system leaks at all, the I will get a replacement gauge so I can tackle the air compressor.... Perhaps is minor stuff and I can salvage this kit for the future.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

It looks like AirLift to me too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.