Newton`s 4 link kit? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 06:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newton`s 4 link kit?

I'm thinking of putting on Newton`s 4 link front arms on and wanted to see if anyone had tried them or had any thoughts on them before I buy a set? They look pretty heave duty and adjustable. I was thinking about this kit over the other big names because first the price is right at $749 shipped and powder coated and second I have his 2 1/2" leveling kit and 5.5" traction bar blocks and love them. Any thoughts?

Newton Lifts - Store
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 09:57 AM

I would go with an icon kit over the newton. Not a huge fan of the newton products.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakken64 View Post
I would go with an icon kit over the newton. Not a huge fan of the newton products.
Have you personally had problems with his products or is this just from looking at them. I've had customer service problems with him but his product are great quality and have had no
issues with them. I know alot of people use Icon but I can‘t see paying alot more for something that I can get from Newton that is just as good. I might be wrong if someone wants to educate me on this?
Old 12-12-2013, 01:38 PM

Anyone see anything wrong with his kit?????
Old 12-12-2013, 02:14 PM

Just looking at the kit and his description makes me not like it. It is probably just a copy of someone else's kit out there. No disrespect, but I completely dislike his traction bar setup. It looks cheap and locks up the back of your truck. His 4-link isn't going to be any better. You get what you pay for.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The Pure Performance 4 Link Upgrade is a little bit more money, but it features fabled arms with in vehicle adjustability.

JP

Last edited by Pure Perf; 12-13-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:41 PM

After looking at a few companies that make 4link kits. These are my thoughts.

Icon and Pure Performance= just to expensive at $1750 and $1350 respectively plus shipping.

PMF= $966 shipped to me. Not a bad price and alot of people on here like the products and they stand behind there stuff.

Newton= $749 shipped to me. Best price. Comparing them to PMF'S. Newton uses 2" tubing for the links (same as PMF). Newton uses 1 1/4" heim joints (same if not bigger then PMF). Newton and PMF both have adjustable upper and lower link ends. PMF does have off set lower link to allow for a better turning radius with larger wider tires (mine don't rub right now so not a big deal). PMF also has more lift hight adjustability -2.5 to 4" where Newton`s is stock hight to 3" lift (I plan on keeping my 2.5 leveling kit high for the long run so not a big deal as well)

So beside the few differences between the two. Does any one see a real reason not to use Newton`s? I know there's a lot of hard core PMF, Icon, and Pure Performance guy that are going to say Newton is junk and then state no real reason besides they like some other company. I just want some facts. I'm not set on Newton but can't see paying more money for the same thing.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

First off, nothing against Newton. I didnt know anything about his kit until I just looked it up. There are a few points about our kit:
Most quality kits on the market are 2" tubing.
We use a .250 wall thickness DOM which again is somewhat the norm.
Our joints are a 1.25" shank, the same as Newtons.
Our joints however are rebuildable and greaseable.
Our joints use a poly race. This has the misalignment and articulation of a heim but the smooth/quiet operation of a poly bushing. Heims have great advantages in performance scenarios but at the expense of daily driven ride comfort. Depending on what you use the truck for, one may be better than the other for you. Our short arm kit uses heims if thats what you feel is best.
Our frame bracket is heavily gusseted, laser cut, and ties into the factory radius arm mount providing additional strength for both arms.

I have uploaded a pic of the joint we use and a 1.25" heim. One thing I would ask Newton is what brand of heims they use. That is VERY important for long term durability. On our kits that use heims use QA1 heims which are higher end heims. Not the absolute best but the best "semi affordable" heim by far.

There are more points to hit on but these were ones that I hadnt seen you bring up and that are relevant to what your comparing, imo.

If you have any questions, just let me know!
Attached Thumbnails
Newton`s 4 link kit?-img_20131213_175453_311.jpg   Newton`s 4 link kit?-img_20131213_175258_361.jpg  
Old 12-13-2013, 06:01 PM

Thanks for all the good info. What is your recommendation on a kit for me if I'm going to mostly be using it for daily driving and want a smoother ride?
Old 12-14-2013, 07:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I would not suggest a kit that uses heims. Heims will transfer impacts and road vibrations up into the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.