Just bought Readylift Stage 3 for my '13. Warranty issues after install? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just bought Readylift Stage 3 for my '13. Warranty issues after install?

New proud owner of '13 F-250 Platinum. Got a great deal on a new Readylift Stage 3 kit (2011-2013 Ford Super Duty F250 Stage 3 SST Lift Kit).

One question: Will the install void part of or any of my factory warranty? I just have the basic 3 year/36,000 bumper-to-bumper plus the 60,000 mile powertrain.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Probably....but really...what is there to go wrong? The suspension really isn't a big deal to me warranty wise. The drivetrain...that's a different story.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:26 PM

The only thing I would throw out would be the shock extenders...just buy some shocks suited for the correct length. I also didn't see any caster adjustment cams in the kit. You will need those to get your caster back or the truck will be all over the place. When I did my Carli kit, I put in caster shims, and adjusted my 3 links to give me 5 degrees of caster which seems to be good for mine.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks

I would rather not buy new shocks if not necessary, it came with upgraded Rancho shocks and they seem to be doing fine. I'll look into the caster adjustment cams, I'm a newbie to suspension, especially on super dutys. Thanks for the help so far.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOPSboy View Post
I would rather not buy new shocks if not necessary, it came with upgraded Rancho shocks and they seem to be doing fine. I'll look into the caster adjustment cams, I'm a newbie to suspension, especially on super dutys. Thanks for the help so far.
You purchased a brand new top of the line truck in the upper 50k to lower 60k dollar range.

Why would you cut corners and install cheap budget savings accessories on it, especially regarding something as important as the suspension? If you can't do it right then don't do it at all. I'd wait until you can purchase a full quality kit like Carli, Icon, BDS, etc.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ever consider that I went slightly over my budget and now I do not have a ton of money to throw into the truck? We all come from different situations. I've heard great reviews on Readylift kits. I'm happy with my purchase.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Emergency Services

Virtually anything wrong on your front end can now be blamed on the fact that you installed aftermarket suspension parts. There's no getting around that if the dealership doesn't feel like doing work under warranty. I agree with the castor adjusters and different shocks. The Ranchos are junk and I'm glad mine are no longer on my truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.