Icon Vs. Pro Comp - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Icon Vs. Pro Comp

Hello,

I know everyone has some great opinions, so I hope to hear them....

I have a 2011 F-350 with a Diesel, 16.5 Warn and Ranch Hand Bumper. I'm considering moving up to 37's, from 35's, but want to make sure I lift it correctly the first time. I want to improve my trucks performance, not hurt it, so I appreciate your comments.

A few facts-
- I tow a 15,000 trailer a couple times a year
- I tow a 3,500 trailer 10 times a year
- I drive mtn roads 50% of my miles, but live 2,500 feet above town and enjoy driving the mountain roads hard.
- looking for tire suggestions as wells.

Thanks.

Greg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Vintage Nakamichi Powered

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have I-Con progressive coils up front along with Rancho 9000XL shocks along with a rear spring pack mod for the overload leaf. Which consists of a 3/8 plate on top of overload leaf to give 2-1/2 more suspension travel before overload leaf comes into the spring pack.
The ride is hard to believe. Almost as good as my wife's Chevy Tahoe.

I-Con springs are highly acclaimed for a quality ride and the only spring I can compare them to was a Rough Country set. And they were terrible.

Good luck on it
Old 11-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman010 View Post
Hello,

I know everyone has some great opinions, so I hope to hear them....

I have a 2011 F-350 with a Diesel, 16.5 Warn and Ranch Hand Bumper. I'm considering moving up to 37's, from 35's, but want to make sure I lift it correctly the first time. I want to improve my trucks performance, not hurt it, so I appreciate your comments.

A few facts-
- I tow a 15,000 trailer a couple times a year
- I tow a 3,500 trailer 10 times a year
- I drive mtn roads 50% of my miles, but live 2,500 feet above town and enjoy driving the mountain roads hard.
- looking for tire suggestions as wells.

Thanks.

Greg
If you're looking to move to 37" tires from a 35, you're going to need a 4.5" lift. Further, you're going to need to grab a wheel no more than 9" wide with 5" of backspacing. That will allow clearance of the tires with a properly engineered kit. We're all about performance and doing things with the trucks previously thought to be impossible. For on-road, a Back Country or Pintop Kit in the 4.5" height would suit you well. Any questions, feel free to reply or PM me.

Here's an example of our R&D process:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.