2006 4" Dually lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 2006 4" Dually lift

Hi Guys !

I just bought my f350 and looking to do a 4" lift allowing me to add 35inch tires ... However every site i go to doesnt state the kits will work with Dually's

I guess im asking for a specific kit you have used or are using ...
Spacer sizes for the rear 35/12.5/17
I was going to use the TOYO Open Country A/T II 35X12.50R17 121R E10 BLK Due to the 10 ply tires I will be towing a 20ft enclosed trailer , Bumper pulled

I would love to see your pics and hear about your experiences with certain products ... I only want to do this once and do it right !

Thanks in advance !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You can run a 35" tire on a 2.5" lift. We have several customers doing so. For rear spacing, 1.5" comes to mind but I'm not 100% sure so I'll let a dually expert chime in on that one. Our leveling kits come with everything you need to correct alignment and recenter the front geometry while adding travel and cleaning up the ride quality!

We offer front kits and front and rear kits in 2.5" lift configurations to suit your budget. If you'd like more info or have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask them in here!
Old 10-26-2013, 06:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

On my 07 I ran a 4.5 inch lift with 35x12.50s and it looked great. I made sure to lift the rear to keep it level and 2.5 inch spacers. I also ran 36x13.50 IROKS on this set up as well and pulled my 24ft gooseneck without issue. Hope this helps
Old 10-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks Guys ! Im thinking a 4.5 lift with the 35x12.5 .... Im just trying to find a good kit ...
Old 10-27-2013, 08:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
You can run a 35" tire on a 2.5" lift. We have several customers doing so. For rear spacing, 1.5" comes to mind but I'm not 100% sure so I'll let a dually expert chime in on that one. Our leveling kits come with everything you need to correct alignment and recenter the front geometry while adding travel and cleaning up the ride quality!

We offer front kits and front and rear kits in 2.5" lift configurations to suit your budget. If you'd like more info or have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask them in here!

How is the Turning on the 2.5 How bad is the rub and how much will I have to cut out ..> Would a 4.5 be better ?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Powerstroke View Post
How is the Turning on the 2.5 How bad is the rub and how much will I have to cut out ..> Would a 4.5 be better ?
The only 2.5" kit that is currently available and tuned is the Pintop 2.5". That is what i run on my personal truck. As for the tuning, it's amazing on the street and can keep up in the dirt. As for lift height, only you can decide what's going to work for you. I personally like the 2.5" for function and 4.5" for aesthetics.

Triming will be inner fender liner.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks ! I have also been looking at a 6inch kit .... However it really is only for aesthetics and I do still need to use the bed lol ... Being a 5'10" tall guy I would need a ramp or ladder to access the back ! I do however wonder how the towing is effected on a lift this tall ?

Thanks OCV for your responses ! And lifted dually do you have any pics of your old rig ?
Old 10-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

if you purchase our kit and use the add-a-pack, you maintain factory payload capacity. The 4.5" isn't extreme and i find most do not have issues working out of their trucks. If it is going to be worked out of, i recommend the 2.5". Here's what mine looks like with the 2.5"

Next to the owner's 4.5"

Old 10-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
if you purchase our kit and use the add-a-pack, you maintain factory payload capacity. The 4.5" isn't extreme and i find most do not have issues working out of their trucks. If it is going to be worked out of, i recommend the 2.5". Here's what mine looks like with the 2.5"

Next to the owner's 4.5"

What are the tire sizes between yours and the owners ? Nice truck man !
Old 10-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Also the Dually takes a different block then the srw ... This is what causes the problem with buying a kit .... There seems to be no Dually Kits out there .... The add a packs with Carli is nice what are the costs on this for the 2.5 vs the 4.5 Again this is mostly for Aesthetics ... The truck will be worked 90% on roads so I dont want to go crazy and add a ton of stuff I really dont need . I have looked at so many kits and I am impressed with Carli im glad you reached out Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
4 inch lift, dually, dually spacers, suspension kits

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.