Pro Comp 3.5" Nitro Level Lift Kit (35s & 20s) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-23-2013, 04:06 PM
-POWERJOKER-
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,085
Thanks: 25
Thanked 74 Times in 66 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Question Pro Comp 3.5" Nitro Level Lift Kit (35s & 20s)

I recently purchased a 2013 F-250 Platinum & I'm wanting to equip 35x12.50x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers and American Force 20x10 Rebel SS8, but I don't want to resort to a 4" complete lift kit. My best option appears to be a Pro Comp 3.5" Nitro level lift, which to my surprise had been confirmed to be a compatible combination of lift/tire/rim by the best 4-Wheel Part Store in my surrounding area. I would very much appreciate if anyone could post some pictures of this combination or something similar, and I am also interested in any thoughts or concerns on using this lifting method and any objection to my rim/tire choice. I will post pictures of my F-250 when my quest is complete!

Last edited by Dantron; 10-23-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Final Decision Established Regarding Wheels & Tires
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 10-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No offense, but you dont want to put that kit on your new 2013 Platinum. You will be MUCH happier with a high quality kit that includes shocks than you will with that cheap spacer lift. You can get by with a 2.5" lift for the wheel/tire combo you want. Icon and Carli both offer several different kits depending on your budget and what you use the truck for. I HIGHLY suggest going this route over the spacer setup. For more clearance and to prevent any trimming or rubbing, 4.5" would be best, but 2.5" will work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 1,628
Thanks: 10
Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
To further Nate's comments, the 35 x 20 trail grapplers are the hardest riding tire on the market. If you're married to the idea of running a 35 on a 20, I would recommend a Toyo Mud Terrain and make sure to keep your pressures in check. I recommend 40psi front and 35psi rear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 10-25-2013, 06:59 PM
-POWERJOKER-
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,085
Thanks: 25
Thanked 74 Times in 66 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
DSTRBD & OCVeloMan, thanks for replying. I do appreciate the feedback. I definitely had my worries regarding the Pro Comp level kit as I had no success finding any real reviews except for Pro Comp's own product overview. Also, I couldn't find a single example of a Super Duty with their 3.5" Nitro Level Kit installed.

I addressed my concerns to the manager at 4-Wheel Parts and he assured me this will be a nice set-up. He seems like an honest guy when responding to my wishes for a more reputable manufacturer saying he thought an Icon suspension level kit would be a great choice if I were to be regularly off-roading, but as a Houston city-driver it would be hard to notice a difference. I kept in mind that 4-Wheel Parts will only deal with the vendors they endorse. He also stated that with the 35x12.5 tires and 20x10 rims, I will need that extra inch of the 3.5" Nitro Kit to avoid contact issues.

I then brought up the use of aftermarket shocks and he suggested that installing Bilsteins would be great idea. Could either of you give me some feedback on good aftermarket shocks?....I will be driving on pavement most likely 90% of the time, but I may need to hop the occasional curb or drive over a median at times. OCVeloMan, I will need new tires soon but hopefully later, and I will surely consider some Toyo Open Country M/Ts. I am very fond of their popularity and do find their appearance appealing.

It's going to take up to 3 weeks for the American Force Rebels to come in and I'll be posting pictures when the final product is finished. Thanks for the replies and please keep sharing feedback as I will have this truck for at least the next 3-5 years so theres plenty of time for improvements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 632
Thanks: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was actually thinking of going this route at first. I bought a 2014 Platinum about a month ago. After a lot of research i'm glad I didn't buy the pro comp. Ultimately, a 65k+ truck and putting the cheapest lift on it didn't make any sense. I went with an Icon 4.5". Hopefully i'll have it in the next 2 weeks.

Last edited by steelnc; 10-27-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,706
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
DSTRBD & OCVeloMan, thanks for replying. I do appreciate the feedback. I definitely had my worries regarding the Pro Comp level kit as I had no success finding any real reviews except for Pro Comp's own product overview. Also, I couldn't find a single example of a Super Duty with their 3.5" Nitro Level Kit installed.

I addressed my concerns to the manager at 4-Wheel Parts and he assured me this will be a nice set-up. He seems like an honest guy when responding to my wishes for a more reputable manufacturer saying he thought an Icon suspension level kit would be a great choice if I were to be regularly off-roading, but as a Houston city-driver it would be hard to notice a difference. I kept in mind that 4-Wheel Parts will only deal with the vendors they endorse. He also stated that with the 35x12.5 tires and 20x10 rims, I will need that extra inch of the 3.5" Nitro Kit to avoid contact issues.

I then brought up the use of aftermarket shocks and he suggested that installing Bilsteins would be great idea. Could either of you give me some feedback on good aftermarket shocks?....I will be driving on pavement most likely 90% of the time, but I may need to hop the occasional curb or drive over a median at times. OCVeloMan, I will need new tires soon but hopefully later, and I will surely consider some Toyo Open Country M/Ts. I am very fond of their popularity and do find their appearance appealing.

It's going to take up to 3 weeks for the American Force Rebels to come in and I'll be posting pictures when the final product is finished. Thanks for the replies and please keep sharing feedback as I will have this truck for at least the next 3-5 years so theres plenty of time for improvements.
I see nothing wrong with what you are wanting to do. Bilstein 5100 are supposed to be great shocks, I think I am going to go with the new rancho 7000mt since they are monotube shocks and are buy 3 get one free right now till the end of October. They also include a 90 day ride free. So if you dont like the shocks, you can return them and get a full refund. I would go that route because if you love them, you have a great price setup, if you dont, you take them back and swap them out with the bilstein 5100
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-27-2013, 03:23 PM
-POWERJOKER-
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,085
Thanks: 25
Thanked 74 Times in 66 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelnc View Post
I was actually thinking of going this route at first. I bought a 2014 Platinum about a month ago. After a lot of research i'm glad I didn't buy the pro comp. Ultimately, spending 65k+ on a truck and putting the cheapest lift on it didn't make any sense. I went with an Icon 4.5". Hopefully i'll have it in the next 2 weeks.
Nice. What color interior did you pick for your Platinum? I bought mine for under 53k but after accessories, security, maintenance services, and TTL it ended up around the MSRP price. Also, what kind of wheel & tire combination are you planning to use after you install the 4.5" Icon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 632
Thanks: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
Nice. What color interior did you pick for your Platinum? I bought mine for under 53k but after accessories, security, maintenance services, and TTL it ended up around the MSRP price. Also, what kind of wheel & tire combination are you planning to use after you install the 4.5" Icon?
Edited first post

Got the Pecan interior. Love it.

You got it for under 53k? Wow. 2014? I do a lot of work for the owner of my dealership so I didn't wanna haggle to much. He puts money in my pocket. I didn't pay 65 either just the sticker. Think I got it for around 58k plus put down 20k. It's a great truck. Definitely a work horse.

I'm planning on running 35 toyo mt's and keeping the factory wheels. I love the factory wheels.

You got any pics of yours?

Last edited by steelnc; 10-27-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 632
Thanks: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just re-read and seen it's a 2013. Yeah, still a good deal at 53k!! I had a white 13 picked out until I went in on a Monday and they had a brand new black 14 sitting there. Still love the white. If I were rich I would have both!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 10-27-2013, 04:29 PM
-POWERJOKER-
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,085
Thanks: 25
Thanked 74 Times in 66 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoy View Post
I see nothing wrong with what you are wanting to do. Bilstein 5100 are supposed to be great shocks, I think I am going to go with the new rancho 7000mt since they are monotube shocks and are buy 3 get one free right now till the end of October. They also include a 90 day ride free. So if you dont like the shocks, you can return them and get a full refund. I would go that route because if you love them, you have a great price setup, if you dont, you take them back and swap them out with the bilstein 5100
Thanks for the reply and your advice on shocks. I did some research and I will surely be getting monotubes but still haven't decided on which manufacturer. I may just go with the Pro Comp Mono-Tube Pro Runners or MX-6 Mono-Tube Adjustables and keep my set-up strictly Pro Comp, not that I think Pro Comp is anything special but I know the Ford Dealer I bought from uses Pro Comp which could give me some leverage on warranty issues or trade-in value. Plus, I like the the zinc finish and black shock boot appearance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
20", 2013 f250, 3.5" nitro kit, 35", pro comp

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors