Carli Commuter 2.0 on a 12' DRW - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 06:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Carli Commuter 2.0 on a 12' DRW

Anybody running this on a DRW 2012? I want to do something to help the ride out on this pickup. But I dont want to sacrifice the load carrying capacity of the pickup. From what I have read the 6 pack replacement leafs really wont help the rear end but the full progressive rate leaf pack will. Though you will lose the load capacity with them. As the pickup sits with the OEM suspension the truck sits very level with our Toy Hauler hitched up. So I would like to make the improvements without having to add bags under it.

Is anybody running either setup or have had the 6 pack and then later replaced it with the full leaf pack from Carli?

If I didnt need a Dually I sure as heck wouldnt own one. But since I need it I want to help this crap riding pickup as much as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 06:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Hey Matt,
I remember you from over on the Cummins Forum.

Anyhow,
The Commuter kit still hasn't been released as Carli is still working with their shock suppliers in hopes to bring the cost down a bit.

On the 08+ trucks the add a packs and Carli tuned shocks actually make a pretty noticeable difference although the full leafs are still the best ride improvement. They don't currently offer a LT bag setup for the 2.5" systems due to clearance limitations at that height but with enough demand they may start working on that in the future.

I have a prototype Commuter system that is going on my truck with add a packs in the next few weeks and I plan on swapping out to full leafs down the road a bit so that I can comment on the improvements. I will most likely be doing a set of Firestone bags with the Daystar cups so that I can give feedback on that setup as well. This truck will have sled deck in the bed putting it close to 2000 lbs in the bed with 2 sleds/fuel/gear.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

For trying to improve the ride in this pickup while maintaining the OEM load rating. You reckon the Commuter 2.0 is the way to go?
Old 10-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpopp View Post
For trying to improve the ride in this pickup while maintaining the OEM load rating. You reckon the Commuter 2.0 is the way to go?
Yes, as George said, it's specifically tuned for the add-a-pack which maintains load capacity. It was prototyped on a family members truck and they LOVE the difference over the factory suspension. Still hauls my pop's horse trailer (5th wheel) a few times a month with no issue but rides really nice on the road.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

when will the Commuter 2.0 be ready
Old 10-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Mid to late December 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.