Suggestions to improve zone 6" lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Suggestions to improve zone 6" lift

I have a zone 6" lift on my 2011 f-250. I should have gone with my gut and went carli, but here I am. Had a deal too good to pass up . Tires are toyo mt 37x13.50 18's on 18x10 wheels. The rear is worse than the front. It has the 2 add a leafs on each side on 5" blocks. The suspension is very harsh thru the stroke but is not bottomng out. It has the nitro shocks which already look like they leaked out some oil. I'm thinking fox 2.0 shocks or something similar to start and if that doesn't do wonders, a deaver spring pack. Who else make a good shock that will work with a 6" lift?

For the front I'll do new shocks and possibly new coils. Any suggestions on that?

Thanks for any input.

And for anyone that asking is the price worth going carli or icon, etc....yes... learn from me lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scummins View Post
I have a zone 6" lift on my 2011 f-250. I should have gone with my gut and went carli, but here I am. Had a deal too good to pass up . Tires are toyo mt 37x13.50 18's on 18x10 wheels. The rear is worse than the front. It has the 2 add a leafs on each side on 5" blocks. The suspension is very harsh thru the stroke but is not bottomng out. It has the nitro shocks which already look like they leaked out some oil. I'm thinking fox 2.0 shocks or something similar to start and if that doesn't do wonders, a deaver spring pack. Who else make a good shock that will work with a 6" lift?

For the front I'll do new shocks and possibly new coils. Any suggestions on that?

Thanks for any input.

And for anyone that asking is the price worth going carli or icon, etc....yes... learn from me lol
That kit has the following items working against you. You can fix one or 2 of them but until you do all of them you won't see massive ride improvements:

1) Stiff single rate coils
2) Stiff add a leafs
3) Cheap shocks
4) No drop bracket for radius arms

I would start with replacing the 2 add a leafs with either a set of Mini Packs or full replacement leafs like Carli's.

Then replace the shocks with either a set of Bilsteins or Pure Prodigy shocks

To improve the front I would swap out the coils for a set of 6" Pure progressive rate coils. If it is still stiff up front I would go with a set of radius arm drops and factory radius arms or do a Pure 4-link conversion.

In the end it may be better to just replace the whole kit and sell the Zone kit to offset some of the cost.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:53 AM

I agree with above, never go with anything besides a progressive rate coil.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:45 PM

Thanks Skyd,

Are you a dealer for those companies? if so, maybe you can shoot me some prices. I appreciate the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyd Ram View Post
That kit has the following items working against you. You can fix one or 2 of them but until you do all of them you won't see massive ride improvements:

1) Stiff single rate coils
2) Stiff add a leafs
3) Cheap shocks
4) No drop bracket for radius arms

I would start with replacing the 2 add a leafs with either a set of Mini Packs or full replacement leafs like Carli's.

Then replace the shocks with either a set of Bilsteins or Pure Prodigy shocks

To improve the front I would swap out the coils for a set of 6" Pure progressive rate coils. If it is still stiff up front I would go with a set of radius arm drops and factory radius arms or do a Pure 4-link conversion.

In the end it may be better to just replace the whole kit and sell the Zone kit to offset some of the cost.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Vintage Nakamichi Powered

You usually get what you pay for.
I had a rough country 6" cheap lift on my truck and it was horrible.

I put I-Con progressive coils up front.
Dumped the drop brackets and oem radius arms.
Went with Fabtech radius arms was a huge improvement with handling, truck tracked straight no longer wandered on bad roads.
Dump the overloads for sure.
Get a drop bracket for track bar. That needs to be at the same angle as the drag link to prevent bump steer.
I got Rancho RS9000XL for the reason of (adjustability) love em.

You go this route and you will have a much better truck.

I also did a rear spring mod that spaced overload away from spring pack to smooth out rear suspension.
My truck rides as nice as wife's Tahoe. Most likely best riding F250 in California ��
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.