need an inch in the back options?... 2008 f250 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
need an inch in the back options?... 2008 f250

hey guys, I need about an inch of lift in the back of my 2008 f250. I just got the truck and it has the snow plow package, as the previous owner had a plow on it. Well the front sits a tad under 3/8 higher that the back. Its driving me crazy. I know I can get the f350 blocks, but I dont want that much rake. I like it to sit level or have a slight rake for trailer pulling etc. I have saw the 1" or maybe they were 1.5" blocks that are machined on fleabay etc, but I really like to stay away from stacking blocks. It may be the only option for just wanting that small of a lift. It also may not be that big of a deal and allow me to reuse the ubolts etc. Anyone have a suggestion? I know I could just get some non-plow front springs but thats more work and I may find a good deal on a heavy winch bumper or something one day and utilize the spring capacity.

thanks
matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 11:40 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There are companies that offer 1" add a leafs.. It may stiffen the ride a bit but it's just a suggestion. I've not used them just know they are there. Personally, I don't like stacking blocks either
Old 09-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06psd6.0 View Post
There are companies that offer 1" add a leafs.. It may stiffen the ride a bit but it's just a suggestion. I've not used them just know they are there. Personally, I don't like stacking blocks either
I just added a 1" Skyjacker rear add a leaf. Rides great and brought the rear up about 2". I suspect after a little time (or the first heavy load) they will relax a bit. Very happy with them.

If you go this route and have the OEM upper auxiliary leaf spring, be sure to buy new center bolts for the springs, as the ones included with the add a leafs are way short. They are 7/16" diameter and I went with 8" long and then cut off the extra.

Good Luck.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:04 PM

My vote goes for the add a leaf also. I put one in mine and I honestly cant tell a difference in the ride. I did the long leaf they sell a shorter one that is easier to put in but from what I have heard those tend to ride a little bit rougher.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:13 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mulisha View Post
My vote goes for the add a leaf also. I put one in mine and I honestly cant tell a difference in the ride. I did the long leaf they sell a shorter one that is easier to put in but from what I have heard those tend to ride a little bit rougher.
Exactly. The long leaf (soft ride version) is the way to go.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:49 AM

I can definitely see that. I'd also say go with the longer spring. Especially being a 2008. Put a shorter spring in on top of the stiffer coils up front and you're gonna end up with a ride quality like my 06. (it's terrible lol). Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can get add a leafs for about as much as you'll pay for a good set of blocks
Old 09-05-2013, 05:06 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i looked..seems they run about 100 bucks. It wasn't really a question of what was cheaper, just what was available. I couldnt really find a block the size I wanted. I still am slightly considering putting a softer spring in the front. It rides pretty rough, but then I would probably have to have it re-aligned etc. Seems like a lot of work for something that could be fixed easily with an add a leaf...

which for some reason I hadnt thought of...I appreciate the suggestion
Old 09-05-2013, 05:21 PM

I am in the same boat. I did the Carli 2.5 pintop, but opted out of the leaf packs. I need about an inch in the rear. I believe PMF makes a 3" block that I will probably try. That will make me about .5" lower in the *** end which I am good with. The OE 250 block is 2" I think.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbandit98 View Post
i looked..seems they run about 100 bucks. It wasn't really a question of what was cheaper, just what was available. I couldnt really find a block the size I wanted. I still am slightly considering putting a softer spring in the front. It rides pretty rough, but then I would probably have to have it re-aligned etc. Seems like a lot of work for something that could be fixed easily with an add a leaf...

which for some reason I hadnt thought of...I appreciate the suggestion
Hey that's what this forum is for right? Lol I do believe the softer spring would require an alignment. With the add a leaf you can get the lift you want and I believe also increase payload just a tad bit. And agreed about the money for it. I don't believe, in my mind, that is something you should ever skimp on
Old 09-06-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2011SD View Post
I am in the same boat. I did the Carli 2.5 pintop, but opted out of the leaf packs. I need about an inch in the rear. I believe PMF makes a 3" block that I will probably try. That will make me about .5" lower in the *** end which I am good with. The OE 250 block is 2" I think.
First, sorry about 2 replies I'm new and still trying to get this figured out. The 250 block(at least for 05-07) is 1 5/8" so basically 2". I'm going with the carli 2.5" starter soon as I can get a couple things sorted out then plan to upgrade the shocks later on. I'm gonna utilize the mini leaf pack for ride quality purposes. They said the rear would sit about an inch higher than the front which works for me as I haul equipment regularly. To each his own as long as your happy with it. Gapowerstroke has the leveling kit on his truck with 3" block in the rear and seems quite happy with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.