better rear spring option - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
better rear spring option

2000 f250 ccsb 6" 37"
i currently have a 6" lift and the rear uses a block. i really dont care for it. id like to use a leaf pack in conjunction with the stock block to get the needed lift. i do tow and routenly haul 3-4 atv
but,and i know this is hard- id like it to ride pretty decent day to day. one thought would be a softer spring and compinsate with airbags.

so, what would be some good options?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pro Comp's 23311 spring is a 6" lift spring meant to be used with your factory block. Without the block (like I did) is a 4" lift. If I could do it again, I'd use the appropriate height PMF traction bar/block set up. While the Pro Comp springs carry the weight and all, I lost articulation when I go wheelin.

The PMF block/bars look expensive until I realized I spent the same money on my Pro Comp springs and Pro Comp traction bars.

Karl
Old 07-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We also have a soft ride 4" or 6" pack that would ride softer than stock but still have good load capacity. Either of these two sizes would run $799 for the pair of springs.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My local shop can get me the pro comp springs but also suggested the BDS 003609 springs.
Their a little more money but have a killer warranty and use stock bushings,which is a bonus.
Opinions?
Old 07-31-2013, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Not familiar with the BDS packs but I would agree that you should consider something other than the Pro Comp packs. They will def stiffen up the suspension.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:09 PM
Premium Member

I'll give you that, Pro Comp springs can be stiff, but I like my truck to ride like a truck. If I wanted a smooth, plush, cappuccino sipping ride, then I would have bought an Expedition or a Mustang. Oh wait, I have 2 Mustangs.

**EDIT** I should probably mention that my truck has Rough Country nitrogen shocks in the rear. I had these with the OEM spring and block set up and didn't notice much difference when I put in the 23311 springs.

Last edited by Karls03; 08-01-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Anyone know the U-bolt torque specs and main spring bolt torque specs
Old 07-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Premium Member

Take the bolt out of the shackle mount and remove the leaf with the shackle on it. Not the position of the bolts for reinstallation. Yeah, been there, screwed that up.

As far as torque, twist the poop out of them, then retorque them about a week later. I would check them again after that as well.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karls03 View Post
I'll give you that, Pro Comp springs can be stiff, but I like my truck to ride like a truck. If I wanted a smooth, plush, cappuccino sipping ride, then I would have bought an Expedition or a Mustang. Oh wait, I have 2 Mustangs.

**EDIT** I should probably mention that my truck has Rough Country nitrogen shocks in the rear. I had these with the OEM spring and block set up and didn't notice much difference when I put in the 23311 springs.
Karl next time you down in Vegas PM me. We will do lunch and ride in each others trucks. I can be reminded again what a truck "should" feel like and you can at least taste what $10G is plush suspension feels like lol, maybe we can break some mental molds. Either way lunch and beers would be good.

To the OP, PMFs soft ride going to be a good option. Deaver can custom make any pack you want, they are by far top dog of leaf springs. Truck toys can get you a set.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Premium Member

There is a big difference between soft leafs and a full on suspension that actually works, both in ride quality and price.

The next time I'm in Vegas I'll let you know.

Karl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.