Carli options - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Carli options

Im the new guy here. Been following the forum for a while now and finally decided to be apart. I have a 2011 F250 FX4 that is my daily driver. I dont do much off roading with the truck, mainly just the gravel roads in the Texas hill country getting to and from the ranch. I am not very happy with the stock ride on the truck and am looking to upgrade. The truck is stock now with exception of 285/75R18 GY OC AT/2 wrapping BMF novakane 18x9s. I am leaning towards the carli systems but not sure which one yet. I am pretty sure I want to go with a 4.5" system but not 100% yet possibly a 2.5". I am looking for improved ride quality around town on the road, which I am sure will also help out the short periods of time cruising those gravel roads around the ranch as well. Any info yall can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

As an owner of the same truck, and a Carli 2.5" Starter System, I would go with the 2.5" King Pintop setup if I could do it again. The starter system is nice, but the Bilstein 5100 shocks leave a little to be desired once they break in. From what I have been told, going from the Bilstein 5100's (Starter System) to the King Pintops is definitely worth the extra money.

I was looking for the same type of results, a better ride around town and a little bit of gravel here and there.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:12 PM

I'm in the market as well. I have no first hand experience but from all the reviews I've read you want a minimum of the Backcountry 2.0 with the Bilstein 5160's and full replacement deaver spring pack in the back. Most say the Pintop 2.5 with King shocks are worth the extra money if you can swing it.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Based on the tire size that you are running I would go with the 2.5" Pintop kit. The 4.5" kit will make those 34.8" tires look pretty small. As long as you keep the tire pressure down around 40-45 front and 35 rear you should be very impressed with the ride of the Pintop kit both on the street and in the dirt.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You may also want to look at a kit with 4 link arms..will ride better than any kit using stock arms..Pure's and Icons.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
You may also want to look at a kit with 4 link arms..will ride better than any kit using stock arms..Pure's and Icons.
Is there something wrong with Carli products? Not trying to stir the pot but almost every Carli post you always push other products. Like i said not trying to start any arguments im just trying to figure out why you think Carli doesnt offer a good enough product.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstarr harley View Post
Is there something wrong with Carli products? Not trying to stir the pot but almost every Carli post you always push other products. Like i said not trying to start any arguments im just trying to figure out why you think Carli doesnt offer a good enough product.
That's just what he does with any suspension company he doesn't sell. Say's they won't work or ride as good as the stuff he sells.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:53 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Never said their products were not good, what I have said is that until the factory radius arms are replaced your stuck with its design limitations. Lack of castor adjustment, pinion and castor changes as the suspension cycles and the binding from the joints ..compared to a 4 link.

Same thing I have said about any manufactures kit, Pure and Icon both have kits that use std radius arms and have the same issues.

New arms cost more that's why its a harder sell over std kits but when someone wants the best they will need them.

Last edited by CT Performance, Inc.; 07-31-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Like George mentioned. For that size of tire on an 08+ you are only going to need a 2.5" lift unless you plan on upgrading to 37's down the road. Then going with a 4" or 4.5" makes sense.... If you have any questions on our Pure Performance Products please let me know...

JP
Old 08-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

How fitting was this pic that I found and posted on out FB page?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.