Lift questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 09:49 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lift questions

I am looking at doing a suspension lift and leveling kit on my 06 F250 4x4 crew cab. It is a 2.5" lift in front and a 1" lift in the rear. I was wondering how much this will actually affect my ride height? I'm also putting 33" tires on it so I don't want it to be too high being that I tow a travel trailer and a large boat plus I have 4 young children so I want them to be able to get in without much difficulty. Is it worth lifting at all or should I just stay stock height with the 33" tires to get my added height?

Next question is would the 33" fit on the stock truck? I am looking at 285/70r17 for the tire size
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 11:11 PM
Making ported intakes

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A 2.5 would be fine with 33s you can go up to a 35in tire.

I say do it!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a kit if your interested, Machined blocks that go under the front springs and a 1" block for the rear with the center pin.

It's not a big enough difference to notice when driving but you will stump your toe a time or two on entry and exit.

Word of Caution....

Leveling Kits normally leads to 4" kit and 35's !!!!!!!!!!!

d
Old 07-29-2013, 06:29 PM

PM and Email Sent.

Denny
Old 07-31-2013, 09:43 PM

Will 33" tires mounted on 17x8 rims fit my truck with stock suspension without rubbing?
Old 07-31-2013, 10:07 PM

Should, I had 35's on stock wheels fit fine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 08-01-2013, 06:05 AM

It depends on the offset, the contact point is the inner fender just inside the lip.

Stock wheels have a 4.75" back spacing OEM come in +18 which are closest to Factory at 4.5" back spacing to -12 for 9" and -24 for 10" which STICK Out further.

It's a give and take as to where the contact is going to be.... control arms or fender plastic once you go 12.50's and 35".

You can drill a small hole in the bottom of the flare and zip ties it back to the support or trim off about an inch with dremel tool or sheet metal shears.

Some trucks can run 35's on stock wheels without any problems, and 37's with a level kit.

Others not so much.

Denny
Old 08-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Serving Our Country!

I got a wild hair yesterday as right now I have 2.5" CST springs up front and plan on 18x12 with 33x13.50's. I considered a 2" spacer for a total of 4.5" and running a 36x15.50. Just unsure right now.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:25 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Everything is a trade off, a compromise. You gotta look at how you plan to use it. I go down to the beach a lot, camping, plus my property has some really soft spots in it that I drive over somewhat regularly. I'm a big guy (7feet) so getting in and out isn't too bad for me...my wife on the other hand isn't so lucky, thank god for oh sh!t handles. I don't mind the trade off of functionality vs inconvenience, bit I wouldn't go much bigger than 37's and 6.5-7" of lift I got now, works well for what I need it for, still tows fine, and the looks aren't a bad byproduct either. Its all up to you and how much benefit you'll get out of it. Personally if I was going to go through the trouble at all, I'd at least to with 35, not a huge jump from stock, but enough to be worth it. I cleared that fine on stock Harley 20's with a leveling kit...I also added a taller block to the rear, I think most leveling kits don't level, I think they make the back end sit lower...which isn't a look I care for.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:58 AM

I run 38X15.50 with 20X10 XD Diesel rims with a leveling kit and cut out fender flares. But I also beat my weld seams flat so I could zip tie my inner fender wells up as high as possible. I must be one of the lucky ones because I seem to be able to run bigger than most with just some leveling pucks. It just really depends on your truck. I tow with mine including a fifth wheel with no problems.

Ignore the pick below that is before I upgraded to 38's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.