2011 F250 rough ride help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 08:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 F250 rough ride help

Bought a 2011 F250 with a full Rancho 4.5 inch lift. 20 inch wheels and 33" pro comp extreme all terrain tires. Rode like crap with lots of noise on tires. Replaced them with Hankook dynapro ATM 35". No change in stiffnes but got rid of road noise. Have had tires balanced 3 times from diff shops, lowered psi to 35/45. Adjusted the rancho 9000xl shocks from low to high. Nothing has worked. I have a YouTube video to show how bouncy the ride is but can't figure out how to upload the link - correction it's linked on my reply below.
At this point I'm going to get a full Carli suspension or sell the truck. Highly disappointed. Any suggestions?

Last edited by thedude1980; 07-29-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 08:23 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL2G...e_gdata_player
Here is the video.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

That looks pretty bad. How would you sell a truck that rode that poorly? How's the alignment? Adjustable trac bar, drop radius arm brackets, and caster shims....?
Old 07-29-2013, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
That looks pretty bad. How would you sell a truck that rode that poorly? How's the alignment? Adjustable trac bar, drop radius arm brackets, and caster shims....?
Some people don't care about ride quality. I had it aligned at one shop and tires balanced by 3 diff shops thinking that was the problem at first. Took it to dealership and they blamed the psi in my tires. Filled them to max drove off and of course rode the same. I had a 4x4 shop look at they said everything looked right.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We usually tune our suspension with 40 psi up front and 30 in the rear with no load... You could always try that. Good luck.

JP
Old 07-29-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Perf View Post
We usually tune our suspension with 40 psi up front and 30 in the rear with no load... You could always try that. Good luck.

JP
Currently at 45 front 40 back. I'll try lowering to those numbers. My big question is if I spend 4-5k on a Carli suspension with full replacement leaf packs and King 2.5 shocks will it still ride like that? I would be pissed spending that much to still have a crap ride like it is now.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I would hope if you spent that money on a Carli or one of our Pure Performance Systems, you would be happy with the ride quality. Both of us spend alot of time testing and tuning our products!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:36 AM

I'm no expert but I have heard the Rancho kit rides rough! Now weather thats it or not I don't know just from word of mouth I have never been in a lifted truck with a rancho kit!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagan525 View Post
I'm no expert but I have heard the Rancho kit rides rough! Now weather thats it or not I don't know just from word of mouth I have never been in a lifted truck with a rancho kit!
I can tell you first hand, and you can see from the video it does ride rough. I bought the truck with it already on there, had no idea it would be this bad. Wasn't apparent on my short test drive before I bought it or I would have kept looking I really like the way the truck looks but I have to do something about the terrible ride. Isn't just me, my other friends who have diesels comment on how horrible it is as well.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:35 PM

Lowered my tire pressure like recommended, didn't' change a thing. I think it's just a combo of terrible roads here and a stiff as hell suspension.

Saving up to pull the trigger on a good suspension system. 90% sure it will be the Carli Piintop 2.5 with full replacement spring pack. Have read nothing but great reviews on that one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.