Adding F350 rear blocks to F250. What else will I need? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 06:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Adding F350 rear blocks to F250. What else will I need?

I currently have a 2.5" leveling kit on the front of my 2008 F250. The rear of my truck is sitting 1" lower than the front at this point, which is why I want to add the 4" block kit from Readylift. My truck is a 4x4 CC short bed, no helper springs and 2 piece driveshaft. Will I need to have anything else to do this block other than what comes with the Readylift kit?

I have done some reading and it seems that some people need driveshaft shims and some don't.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My recommendation is to get a Newton rear block kit. It comes with a drive shaft shim and longer "U" bolts everything you need. I did the same thing on my 08 F350 but to make mine a little higher in the rear I went with 5" block. I also think Newton`s block kits are cheaper in price then ready lifts. Newton Lifts - Home
Old 07-12-2013, 06:46 AM

not familiar with the ready lift kits but make sure you have enough room on your u-bolts or that the kit come with new ones. and to do it right i would get a carrier bearing drop bracket. more expensive than shims but can get you at the exact angle you need to be and can be used if you ever decide to add more lift. both one up offroad and precision metal fab sell them. i have the one from PMF and its a great piece
Old 07-12-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combs19 View Post
My recommendation is to get a Newton rear block kit. It comes with a drive shaft shim and longer "U" bolts everything you need. I did the same thing on my 08 F350 but to make mine a little higher in the rear I went with 5" block. I also think Newton`s block kits are cheaper in price then ready lifts. Newton Lifts - Home
Thanks for the link. I have a 1-1/2 lift on the front now and sit about a half inch low in the back. I think I'll get there 2-1/2" lift ams lift the back 2". Should leave me at a 1/2" high in the back. Anyone see anything wrong with this??
Old 07-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combs19 View Post
Thanks for the link! I just sent them an E-mail. Hope they can help me out.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

If your truck is a short bed, you will probably want to add a 1/4" carrier shim. You will also want a tapered block if you go with a 4" block. We have both aswell as longer ubolts. Here is a link to our blocks and such, Ford Fabricated Lift Blocks. You can order over our website or feel free to order directly over the phone! If there is anything I can assist with, dont hesitate to let me know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.