Alignment after lift question? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Alignment after lift question?

I just purchased a 06 F250 lariat fx4 with a 6" fabtech radial arm lift. It's a great lookin truck and rides really well. My only issue is that it wants to pull to the right pretty good. I have had three alignments done to it and none have corrected the problem, nor do they know what the problem is. This is where I could use some help from someone with more knowledge than myself about this kind of issue.
I did see something about being able to adjust the radial arms to possibly fix this issue. Could this be true? All the alignments have only been on the wheels like a normal vehicle. Look forward to some input. Thanks.

Last edited by Stoneguy1000; 07-11-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I faintly remember another member having s similar issue.
It ended up being the camber/caster bushings. Not sure what they are called exactly. I believe they are nylon or similar and go under the nut for the top ball joint.

That guy had his truck to the alignment shop a few times too but never checked those. After replacement, all was good.

Might ask them about it, idk
Old 07-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the info INFRNL. I'll run that by them, see what they think.
Still open to other suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited by Stoneguy1000; 07-11-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:51 PM

did they give you a copy of the alignment printout? if so post the specs. Try crossing the front tires and see if the pull changes directions. I do alignments alot at work and alot of the time it is a tire pull. If it is a tire wheel shop they most likely have a newer alignment machine. The one we have tells you exactly which bushings to buy to get it in spec and gives you part numbers for napa, moog, ford, etc.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:09 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
agreed, it my be a tire....

does your arm have any adjustment for caster ? if so, an eccentric may be misaligned and actually trying to twist the axle tubes.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So I did some measuring and discovered the axle needs to come back to the drivers side about a half inch to be centered. Also the passenger side tire is turned to the right with the steering wheel straight and the driver side wheel straight. Would have thought after 3 alignments they would have picked up on that. The track bar is stock and not adjustable. Do I need an adjustable track bar to fix the axle and then get a new alignment? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Stoneguy1000; 07-15-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Premium Member

With a 6 inch lift, a dropped pitman arm AND a dropped track bar bracket should be used. The important thing to remember is to keep the track bar and drag link at the same angle.

On a side note, go to a different alignment shop. It staggers the imagination that it took 3 trips and they didn't catch that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.